• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The whole discussion is because Pratters says ONLY the doosra should be banned as apparently, it makes you use the elbow, while allowing EVERY other type of delivery which makes you use the elbow to the same extent. Coz you know, Pratters don like no doosras. Cricket should be played per his whims and not based on things like facts, reality, science, or you know, even things that make cricket "cricket".

Also, the real point here is not even about illegal actions, which ICC has been cutting down on anyways. It is about Pratters sticking to a baseless stupid opinion using terms and links that he has NFI about to say that Murali chucked and the doosra is illegal, which is atrociously amazingly idiotic and senseless, even for his posts. 8-)

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I've jumped in at the end rather than read heaps of pages (Still pooped from doing that on the 2015 rankings thread). Why can't they just get the bowlers to wear a red wrist, elbow and armband and then just track it live. Perhaps something like a thin wire with small charge running down the arm and you could detect flex by changes in the magnetic field and the bowlers could be inflicted with a stronger electric charge when they flexed outside acceptable limits crushing them in involuntary contractions. Would be awesome viewing.
Lol. That'll be funny to watch. People rolling over in pain halfway through their bowling stride due to their arm getting crushed. :laugh:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And repeat offenders should just have their arm cut off.

Actually I think they enforce that rule in some parts of Pakistan.

**** I should probably delete this post

Victor Ian

International Coach
How much was Murali affected by those original calls in his early career? Did he miss a number of games or have a significant dip in form that could be attributed to the scrutiny? I know I'm hindsighting but I wonder how many more wickets he could have if it weren't for those incidents.

cnerd123

likes this
dude you're just going to start everything again
Im trying to end it. He has just conceded that he is wrong; I want to see if he will come out and say that outright.

Maybe his ego will prevent him from doing so, or he might be too thick to realise that agreeing with your post means he concedes that he was wrong all along.

Or maybe he's just a very good troll

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Im trying to end it. He has just conceded that he is wrong; I want to see if he will come out and say that outright.

Maybe his ego will prevent him from doing so, or he might be too thick to realise that agreeing with your post means he concedes that he was wrong all along.

Or maybe he's just a very good troll
No one does. I've been involved with some of the ******** posting arguments you can imagine and no matter how stupid someone's posting is they'll never come out and say "oh yeah you're right, I was wrong I'm such an idiot"

cnerd123

likes this
No one does. I've been involved with some of the ******** posting arguments you can imagine and no matter how stupid someone's posting is they'll never come out and say "oh yeah you're right, I was wrong I'm such an idiot"
Final words. After all the fighting over the last couple of days, its quite fitting that this woud be the last post he would make before his banning.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
How much was Murali affected by those original calls in his early career? Did he miss a number of games or have a significant dip in form that could be attributed to the scrutiny? I know I'm hindsighting but I wonder how many more wickets he could have if it weren't for those incidents.
The beauty is that Murali always knew that he was doin it right, and other than for few minor tweaks (like getting side on, which allowed him to bowl round the wicket and become more effective) the action stayed the same. \if not for these incidents, Murali would never had been what he later became.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Yeah... why not try saying it yourself first?