• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, because the law has been changed for Shoaib Akhtar, Shabbir Ahmed, James Kirtley, Johan Botha (twice), Abdur Razzak, Shane Shillingford (twice) and Marlon Samuels, not to mention all those who were reported and not sanctioned -- Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Jermaine Lawson, Brett Lee, Shoaib Malik, Harbhajan Singh and, somewhat hilariously, current Test umpire Kumar Dharmasena (who spent a year out of the game to remodel his action).

Grant Flower, Shahid Afridi, Henry Olonga, Courtney Walsh and Darren Gough also all had issues. Curtly Ambrose was also no-balled for throwing early in his career.

Lots of law changes for all of them.

So let's assume a conspiracy. From the list above, players from Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan and Zimbabwe have all been implicated. We've got off spinners, leg spinners and pacemen of various speeds all being cited. Some players are successful, others pretty mediocre. Some full-time bowlers, some part-timers.

But only one change to the law coming out of all of this, when the ICC actually bothered to begin biomechanically testing people, which just so happens to coincide with when Murali was called. Definitely got paid off by the SLC, such a huge body flushed with so much cash. The ICC are totally reptilians changing the law to undermine cricket because they all secretly hate it.

I wonder if there was a conspiracy when the LBW law got changed all those years ago. It served fast bowlers pretty well. Or when back foot no balls were abolished; definitely a conspiracy there. Laws change when they become unworkable, or the basis on which they rest is undermined by changing circumstances and/or new information. That goes in both the political and sporting realms.

You wouldn't charge someone under the Witchcraft Act of 1535, much in the way you wouldn't charge a bowler under the old chucking law of zero tolerance for straightening. The basis of both, as we are now aware, is pure fiction.

I ****ing hate conspiracy theories.
tl;dr

Burgey

I took the time to read your rants, ****.
Yeah but mine are entertaining.

On a slightly related note, I'm hoping for a SL win in the current test so I can move onto a new subject matter aside from their lack of away success in tests.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah make no mistake if they win this test you're going to receive a mountain of crap from everyone. Normally it'd just be SL supporters but there aren't enough any so others should pick up the slack and give you ****.

Burgey

Given the usual standard of critique from CW posters, yourself included, I look forward to being belted over the wrist with a warm lettuce leaf.

I'll happily give SL some credit on the off chance they jag a test series win overseas, particularly in England.

Of course, the fact it's against England detracts a great deal from it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That would present Burgey a legitimate opportunity to literally yell the words "get off my lawn"

karan316

State Vice-Captain
A few posters are just using this thread to indirectly take a go at some of the players. If you are bowling a particular set of deliveries(by bending your arm more than the given limits), then you cannot just bowl the same stuff in the lab with a legal action, players obviously don't bowl a few straight deliveries and get away when their action is being tested. If anyone is at fault here, it's the ICC, they have made a mess of the rules instead of taking some tough decisions. And yes, the rules were changed because of a lot of bowlers around the world(who were having an illegal action), so its quite wrong to target certain individuals or countries.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'm sure uvelocity would be happy to step in. Probs charges less too.
actually my rates for lawyers are $25 per item of correspondence and $600 per hour. burgey could probably get a whole new lawn laid every couple of weeks cheaper.