• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innovation in Cricket

thefighter

Cricket Spectator
Hi Everyone,
What do you guys think about the innovation in Cricket using electronics devices?
Can we all share some ideas which can help cricket to get better.

e.g - to check the No-balls , sometimes umpires go to third umpire.Instead , we can have an electronic strip of some kind of sensor behind the white line where the bowler lands his foot. Now, whenever the bowler hits that strip , sensor is activated and some kind of signal is reached which says that the ball is legal i.e the foot is behind the line.
Using the technology , there are two more cases arise : 1) when bowler's foot is completely behind the (white and sensor's strip) .
In this case , umpire will know that foot was behind the lines , so no need of checking.
2) when bowler's foot is completely missing the line(both white and sensor strip) .
In this case umpire would notice that foot was ahead of line and it should be a no-ball.

So , the result is - umpire still will see the foot when it lands and tell if the ball was legal or not using technology and his eyes.

Similarly , you guys can think of some ideas which can innovate cricket.

Thanks and Regards
thefighter

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would like the umpires to have a taser that is to be used on Ishant Sharma every time he oversteps

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Everyone,
What do you guys think about the innovation in Cricket using electronics devices?

e.g - to check the No-balls , sometimes umpires go to third umpire.Instead , we can have an electronic strip of some kind of sensor behind the white line where the bowler lands his foot. Now, whenever the bowler hits that strip , sensor is activated and some kind of signal is reached which says that the ball is legal i.e the foot is behind the line.
Using the technology , there are two more cases arise : 1) when bowler's foot is completely behind the (white and sensor's strip) .
In this case , umpire will know that foot was behind the lines , so no need of checking.
2) when bowler's foot is completely missing the line(both white and sensor strip) .
In this case umpire would notice that foot was ahead of line and it should be a no-ball.

So , the result is - umpire still will see the foot when it lands and tell if the ball was legal or not using technology and his eyes.

Thanks and Regards
thefighter

On my PS3 every time someone checks me in NHL hockey my controller vibrates. So I would like all the couches of the fans around the world to be wired up so that when a wicket falls your couch vibrates violently. What do you say to that idea. Pls respond quickly.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In swimming there is a red line that moves at world record pace to judge if the swimmers are on world record pace. I would like a line every single ball to see if the bowler is at world record pace and a line once again for every hit to see if every bop over long on is at world record distance. Or failing that a 7th wicket stretch where we here the song M A R V E L L O U S at the fall of the 7th wicket. Pls respond urgently.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Adding a serious thought. I've long advocated the front foot being the 3rd umpires leaving the field umpire to watch the stumps at all points. I Can't see how it won't make lbw etc a lot easier for the field umpire and ok so the batsman doesn't get to have a wild swipe at a no ball called by the umpire on the field, but how often do they really have time to recognise the call and change their shot?

Swingpanzee

International Regular
In tennis they have linesman to check whether the ball is out or not.

Similarly I would like linesmen to check for the no-ball. Oh and it has to be innovative so i guess we can build some kind of robot to monitor the no-ball?

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whether it is governed by technology or not, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be, I can see the merit in returning to a back foot no ball law, so that the batsman does have a chance to essay his shot safe in the knowledgethe bowler can't dismiss him

andmark

International Captain
In swimming there is a red line that moves at world record pace to judge if the swimmers are on world record pace. I would like a line every single ball to see if the bowler is at world record pace and a line once again for every hit to see if every bop over long on is at world record distance. Or failing that a 7th wicket stretch where we here the song M A R V E L L O U S at the fall of the 7th wicket. Pls respond urgently.
That genuinely had me laughing outloud.

I thought about a week a go that if there were no more technological advancements in cricket, then cricket fans should still be satisfied by what we have now. I mean compared to 30 years a go, you could barely see the ball on tv. Now we can see it quite easily, see the whole swing/spin of a bowl and slow motion replays clearly show seam position. In addition to that, we have snicko, hawkeye, hotspot, speedomotres, and even a machine which tells us the rotations on a spin bowl. It's utterly astonishing.

That said, those flashing bails could be a decent addition if only they'd flash immediately after being dislodged

Last edited:

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
I don't remember the series but a few years ago, the broadcast showed the speeds of the bowler at release, before the bounce, after the bounce and as it reached the batsman and I thought it was a lot more telling of a bowlers speeds than just the reading they have now. I'd like to see that again more often to put to an end, once and for all, the definition of a heavy ball.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi Everyone,

Thanks and Regards
thefighter
This guy was a true visionary.