• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni retires from Test Cricket

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not really unhappy.

Regardless of how much I've hated his captaincy, well done MS. You've undoubtedly been immense for the Indian team.
Yup, they might have made number one in spite of his captaincy, but they certainly couldn't have done it without his leadership.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Will never forget Dhoni's double hundred to subdue the Aussies last year in Chennai, quality player, retires with a decent record

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I guess he was just waiting till Kohli was ready. After England it didn't seem like it but it makes sense to do it now.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously. This side now set for the next 10 years, now that MS is gone. Vijay the only change to happen in the next decade.

morgieb

Farewell MS. Decent Test career and taking India to #1 will leave his mark at Test level, but it was time I feel.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I had a strong feeling this will be his last test series. But mid series is a surprise.

So how will his legacy in test cricket be judged? Does he make India's AT test XI?

Zinzan

Agree this is the best thing for Indian cricket atm, but why now and not the end of the series? Some sort of niggle perhaps?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dhoni had a great tenure with the test team till 2011. Was the captain under whom we won the World T20 and eventually became the best test team, won the world cup. It hasn't been very good since then in a tough period of transition, decadence at the board with Srinivasan at the top.

I look forward to how India does again as a test team, now.