• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your World XI for 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Herath is a must have. Without him you may never have won the Pakistan series at least.
could well have lost it 1-0 without him, completely dominated the series, how he managed to manufacture a result at Galle amazes me just as much as Adelaide 2006

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd go with the same side as Morgie does in the OP apart from Southee for Anderson.

Honourable mentions to Root and Brathwaite who were close to the side but not quite getting in the final team.

BeeGee

International Captain
Not enough Kemar Roach love in this thread. In 2014 he's taken his test wickets at an average of 20.71 and a strike rate of 44.9. Second only to Steyn.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not enough Kemar Roach love in this thread. In 2014 he's taken his test wickets at an average of 20.71 and a strike rate of 44.9. Second only to Steyn.
He had an excellent series against NZ, and bowled well in his only innings v South Africa. The rest of his wickets were versus Bangladesh. Not denying he's been great, or that he's not great in general, but other bowlers have been better over more matches. Also, he's third in SR behind Johnson (44.2).

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Roach's sample size this year is way too small (if you are ignoring bangladesh). Shame, as I reckon he's got a shout for being the best fast bowler in world cricket talent wise.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah I really hope he doesn't get injured or fall out of favour with the board, such a talent. Pity there aren't really any other class bowlers supporting him.