• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Botham On Film: 1981 And All That

chasingthedon

International Regular
Highly entertaining, Gareth. I thoroughly enjoyed the Channel 4 DVD, as it seemed also to perfectly encapsulate the times.

andmark

International Captain
Nice article Gareth. Thought you were harsh on the new-ish documentary on Botham's Ashes though.

The original Botham's Ashes was the first cricket documentary I ever saw as my dad dug it out for the old VCR as I was quite early in terms of being a cricket fan. I thoroughly enjoyed it and sort-of appreciated how unlikely the win at Headingley was. It's incredible now to think that I was to experience the same things my father did in 1981 with the 2005 Ashes being only a few months later.

Great article again though

Last edited: