• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Please see this thread for trading game version 1 held in 2011 http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/54766-trading-game.html

Looking for 10 people to be the general managers of the ten test playing nations. First in first served. Although last year Smali did say he would like to be Pakistan if ever this started again so I will reserve pakistan for him for the next 12 hours before opening it up to anybody else.

I will not enter this year but will be the moderator and judge of the winner(s). The Moderator's decisions are final but as per last time I don't mind you challenging you me if you have a good case.

I have asked Cribb to assist with judging if we are lucky he may also give some thoughts

Rules:
1) 7 trades max per person
2) At the start of the game post your starting squad of 15 players for a test match series that would begin 2 months from now (this will allow for any minor niggles to heal) but exclude anyone who is seriously injured. Assume Clarke is out for more than 2 months before you ask. At the end of the game post your 15 players you end up with. Again your finishing 15 will play two months from now.
3) Your 15 must include a starting XI and 4 reserves. The reserves must include a back up keeper and an even balance of other positions.
4) Mod killing - please make three posts no matter how banal in the first 48 hours of the game starting or I will mod kill you and replace you. Last time no one was able to trade with SA as they were not active and that hurt the game. Although I have asked for 10 sign ups I will take 2 reserve people in case I mod kill for inactivity.
5) Equity rules - to stop collusion all trades must be confirmed as being equitable by at least one other person in the game (not involved in the trade) or the moderator. Just reply to the trade with "trade confirmed" . Trades can be 1 to 1 trades or multi player deals of any variety. Yes you can trade away players from your FC system who are not part of your initial 15. You may trade up to 6 players who are not part of your initial 15 players.
6) Yes this is for tests only
7) Only players with at least one FC match can be traded.
8) Special rules for Bangers and Zimbos. Bangers and Zimbos general managers may draft two players who are not named in the initial lists of 15 from other countries. Only one player can be drafted from each country. This is to stop Australia being hit for 4 quick bowlers. This drafting will take place at the beginning of the game. I will flip a coin and let those managers know who will draft first.
9) Tim Bresnan rule. During the first iteration of this game in 2011 Bresnan had played very few games but was touted as being very very good and was traded away for one of India's great batsman despite the fact Tim had not played many tests at the time. The Bresnan rule is that any player with 5 or fewer tests can not be traded for someone with 50 plus tests. I cbf looking up how many tests Tim had played at the time but 5 sounds like a good number for this rule.
10) Judging. The most improved team wins. Another prize will be awarded for best overall team regardless of how much they improved.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In, will take NZ if possible. If someone else desperately wants them, I'll take RSA if not.

Can we possible extend the squad size to give a bit more flexibility?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't like the Bresnan rule really - if whoever is managing Bangladesh wants to trade Mohammad Ashraful for *insert random uncapped quick* then he should be allowed to.

Also don't think the draft is really necessary if we're deciding the winner by margin of improvement.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well this looks like it's as many as we will get. I had better pick up a team to make up the numbers so I will be the Windies and may ask some of the West Indies members for some advice if that's ok as I don't know the FC players very well.

***** - Bangladesh
Pothas - England
Dan - New Zealand
Morgieb - Australia
Hurricane - West Indies
Weldone - India
Cabinet - South Africa
Pakistan or Sri Lanka - Marcus to pick between

Unclaimed: Zimbabwe

Rule Changes or Comments

1) Bresnan Rule - Good point Marcus. Will change it to "must be confirmed by two other players" as opposed to outlawed
2) Squad size - last time we had a squad size of 14 and it worked well. This time we have 15. My concern Dan is that if I increase the squad size then people will be reluctant to trade fringe players in case they weaken the squad. Lets start with 15 and see how we get on. Remember you can trade players from outside your squad. The squad quality is what you get measured on with an emphasis on your starting XI.
3) Draft - Last time it was harder for the minnows to make trades - so allowing them to draft player(s) will help them acquire Trade Bait. We only have one minnow in the competition so I don't see this hurting the game or impacting it too much. In recognition of your concern however I will restrict the expansion draft to one player per minnow rather than two.

Next Steps:
Starting immediately please post your squad of 15 players.
Bangers may only draft from teams in the game.
You may begin trading immediately with a team as soon as both you and that team have posted your squad of 15. Again you can make offers for any FC player in their country (that isn't long term injured)

The Game is now officially open

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This Good News just in. Cribb will officially do the judging using a player rating algorithm he has. Please see the old thread from last time as he did it there as well. He won't reveal any details on the rating system in advance though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh, didn't realise you could trade from outside the squads. Ignore my concern then :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Windies (I have assumed that D Bravo will be back soon)

1) Braithwaite
2) Gayle
3) D Bravo
4) Samuels
5) Chanderpaul
6) Blackwood
7) Ramdin
8) Taylor
9) Benn
10)Holder
11) Roach

12) Edwards
13) Bishoo
14) Gabriel
15) Walton

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the ruling with players retired from international cricket but are still playing FC cricket?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What's the ruling with players retired from international cricket but are still playing FC cricket?
Not eligible as they don't want to play tests. I will however allow you to trade and pick people who are having disputes with their boards however and have not been selected for strange reasons (much as we did with Katich last time)

cnerd123

likes this
Unclear on the draft. I get 1 free player from any team right? Do I need to do this before or after I announce my 15?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabwe going spare? I'll take that, please.
Great. Next step is to name your 15 man squad then start fielding offers

Unclear on the draft. I get 1 free player from any team right? Do I need to do this before or after I announce my 15?
1st step name your 15.

Then wait until a few other teams have named their squads the make your selection. You can't pick from anyones list of 15. And you can't pick from a country until they name their 15. Same goes for Heef.