• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
- Heef, Sibanda for Sodhi pls. I'll even throw in a bonus James Franklin and Mark Houghton, when I could be offering you a Marshall twin to improve your side.
Hmmm. Sibanda is a spud, but I'm not really sure Sodhi will dramatically improve Zimbabwe either (apart from on the batting front)

How's about for Jeets, Franklin, Santner and Houghton :p

HeathDavisSpeed

I don't have much else to offer on trades, but I'm guessing that I might be able to trade Kyle Jarvis to someone. He still plays domestically in Zimbabwe.

Also, I'd be willing to let any of my first team go in a trade - including Brendan Taylor

Jarquis

(a) How ****ing thick was weldone being earlier?
(b) If all squads of 15 have been named we need ***** and Heef to pick one unselected player each to add to their squads before trading starts.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
(a) How ****ing thick was weldone being earlier?
(b) If all squads of 15 have been named we need ***** and Heef to pick one unselected player each to add to their squads before trading starts.
Rule no. 5 is a mixture of 2 entirely different rules (should've been called 5 and 6 imo). I read the first 2 lines and didn't bother about the rest.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) All trades must be certified or confirmed by someone independent of the trade. Therefore no trades are complete yet. I will however confirm the Ohja for Wagner one right now. Don't wait for me to confirm the trades any 3rd person (who is in the game can confirm)
2) Heef - I will make a ruling that the beginning of the game didn't necessarily mean before any other trades took place. Just meant at the start or close to the start. I did declare the game open for trades. So sorry for the confusion. If we were to wait for the draft to take place then we would also have had to wait for each team to post their 15 which might have taken some time.
You can draft Ryder if you wish but Ohja is gone to Dan. Bangers have plenty of left arm spinners you should be able to trade for. And the Kiwis have Vettori. Your other option is to pick up team Sri Lanka if Marcus takes Pakistan or vice versa. Will leave that decision with you. Also Marcus protested the 2 person draft rule so I reduced it to one person in a subsequent post. However as compensation for the Ohja mix up I will reverse that decision and you can take two players.
3) I am impressed with Weldone's ingenuity so will lift the limit of FC players you can trade from outside your squad to 9. There are 7 trades you need to complete after all so I imagine a lot of teams would like to use FC players as stocking stuffers to get the trades to go through.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Also @ Heef - there are a lot of better players than Ryder you can pick up to use for subsequent trades.

HeathDavisSpeed

That's a bloody joke re: Ojha. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are on the back foot from the start as it is, and I couldn't have signalled my intention any earlier given the rules.

I can't pick Vettori as he's retired from Tests and he's not as good as Ojha anyway; at least not anymore. And I'm not picking sodding Harbhajan Singh either.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That's a bloody joke re: Ojha. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are on the back foot from the start as it is, and I couldn't have signalled my intention any earlier given the rules.

I can't pick Vettori as he's retired from Tests and he's not as good as Ojha anyway; at least not anymore. And I'm not picking sodding Harbhajan Singh either.
i've dropped you a massive hint - but I will hit you over the head with it cause you missed it. Draft one of Australia's or SA's fast bowlers who are unprotected and you can swap that asset around for whatever you want.

HeathDavisSpeed

i've dropped you a massive hint - but I will hit you over the head with it cause you missed it. Draft one of Australia's or SA's fast bowlers who are unprotected and you can swap that asset around for whatever you want.
I don't need fast bowlers like I need spin bowlers. Zimbabwe has reasonable seamers and there isn't a fast bowler available from Australia or South Africa who I could trade for a spinner as good as Ojha, given how many spinners have been banned and the general lack of depth in spinning. I should have just taken Prosper Utseya and done with that.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Peter Siddle or Jackson Bird might fetch you something from India. Weldone should be interested in Bird in particular. I think a Bird - Jadeja trade would be good one for both countries.
Also Weldone listed other spinners from his country that are unprotected.

Sure you don't want to be SL then you can have Herath...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The windies do have Permaul and Miller as SLAs - we also have Shillingford unprotected though I can't remember his status re the ICC crackdown

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ok morgieb, here is my revised trade offer, as the earlier one wasn't legal.

(MS Dhoni + Shikhar Dhawan + Manoj Tiwary + Badrinath + Gambhir / Sehwag + Karn Sharma / Akshar Patel) for (Warner + Watson + Pattinson).
Assuming Heath has taken Gambhir, I'll change my offering for (Warner + Watson + Pattinson) to
(MS Dhoni + Shikhar Dhawan + Manoj Tiwary + Badrinath + Rahul / Sehwag + Karn Sharma / Akshar Patel).

That's the final offer morgieb. It'll be good for both of us.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Dan - Gayle is available to open the batting for you. He has a triple century. I guess Braithwaite could be but you would have to make me an offer.

Riggins

International Captain
With my offer, morgieb can end up with an Australian top 7 of

1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Chris Rogers (/ Gambhir / Sehwag, if he wants)
3. Badrinath
4. Steve Smith*
5. Manoj Tiwary
6. MS Dhoni+
7. Mitchell Marsh

That's better than the current Australian batting line-up, in spite of Warner.
Nah it's not.

Jarquis

1) All trades must be certified or confirmed by someone independent of the trade. Therefore no trades are complete yet. I will however confirm the Ohja for Wagner one right now. Don't wait for me to confirm the trades any 3rd person (who is in the game can confirm)
2) Heef - I will make a ruling that the beginning of the game didn't necessarily mean before any other trades took place. Just meant at the start or close to the start. I did declare the game open for trades. So sorry for the confusion. If we were to wait for the draft to take place then we would also have had to wait for each team to post their 15 which might have taken some time.
You can draft Ryder if you wish but Ohja is gone to Dan. Bangers have plenty of left arm spinners you should be able to trade for. And the Kiwis have Vettori. Your other option is to pick up team Sri Lanka if Marcus takes Pakistan or vice versa. Will leave that decision with you. Also Marcus protested the 2 person draft rule so I reduced it to one person in a subsequent post. However as compensation for the Ohja mix up I will reverse that decision and you can take two players.
3) I am impressed with Weldone's ingenuity so will lift the limit of FC players you can trade from outside your squad to 9. There are 7 trades you need to complete after all so I imagine a lot of teams would like to use FC players as stocking stuffers to get the trades to go through.
Ajmal is in Pakistan's 30 man squad so I expect him to be playing in 2 months :/