• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH I think Jarvis gets so overrated on here. Very good for a Zimbabwean quick, but he can't make the Lancashire first XI FFS. Wouldn't make a Top 10 of South African quicks IMO.
He has a good Test record TBF. Why he struggled for Lancashire I don't know, his NZ record was rather good and I suspect bowling at FC level in New Zealand is harder than bowling at Old Trafford.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He has a good Test record TBF. Why he struggled for Lancashire I don't know, his NZ record was rather good and I suspect bowling at FC level in New Zealand is harder than bowling at Old Trafford.
8 Tests for 30 wickets at 31 is by no means a bad start to a career and he doesn't have enough games to make inferences based on who he's taken poles against, but I straight-up don't think he's making that RSA bench based on what he's shown recently. Even having lost Abbott, Morkel, de Lange, Parnell and McLaren, I think Milne + Rabada + Hendricks + Morris would all be ahead of Jarvis.

He's good, and I don't deny that for a second, but he's not genuinely Test-class IMO. At least not yet.

Flem274*

123/5
Jarvis should be playing first XI county cricket. I'd straight up pick him for the English test side as the third quick. If Plunkett can get a game...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Jarvis should be playing first XI county cricket. I'd straight up pick him for the English test side as the third quick. If Plunkett can get a game...
6 wickets @ 63 for Lancashire...

He's promising and I think he's a very good bowler, but he's not breaking into many non-Zimbabwe Test sides at the moment, let alone the squad of one of the strongest fast bowling countries on the planet.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You've improved your side but this is ridiculous. Roach is literally the only player you'd expect to make a difference and he on his own isn't going to be changing 2-0 after three tests score lines into series wins.
Come on, you know how close this series has been.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I probably ought to bin off Ajmal or Babar seeing as he's not got his action fixed yet