Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Are we really going to pretend that Murali Vijay....

  1. #1
    International Coach OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    11,302

    Are we really going to pretend that Murali Vijay....

    ...isn't the second best opener in the world behind David Warner?

    And no "There aren't any other quality openers" nonsense. Runs in ENgland , runs in South Africa, runs in Australia. 3 best attacks in world cricket and the 3 toughest conditions for India traditionally. He's awesome and we should all bow down to his sexiness
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 17-12-2014 at 01:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,758
    I've been saying it for ages. He's a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    in the future where we're all social justice-y Cribb can ride down the street to pick up some raw milk from Coles on a motorised esky while smoking meth, firing an RPG into the air, and carrying the case of British-import Stella he's polygamously (and privately) married alongside a genderfluid Zambian businessperson and a coke-snorting 18-year-old cyborg girl.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  3. #3
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #teamAthlai
    Posts
    31,260
    WW: Braithwaite, Gayle
    Hendrix: Latham
    Most people: Still probably Cook eh?
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    As they say "if you've got nothing good to say then don't say nothing at all" :cool:

  4. #4
    State Vice-Captain CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    ...isn't the second best opener in the world behind David Warner?

    And no "There aren't any other quality openers" nonsense. Runs in ENgland , runs in South Africa, runs in Australia. 3 best attacks in world cricket and the 3 toughest conditions for India traditionally. He's awesome and we should all bow down to his sexiness
    On form basis, yes. But overall, isn't he competing with Cook for that? or for that matter, Warner? Cook was talked upon as the best batsman in the world at one point, almost equal to Clarke and supposed to have the best chance to overtake Tendulkar's record in tests. Though he is out of form now, on career level, Warner and Vijay have still got a lot of catching up to do.


  5. #5
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,758
    If you're judging it by career then Cook is the best opener around but if it's who is playing well in the last 12 months or so then Warner and Vijay are your boys.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    15,584
    England in the top three attacks in world cricket is pushing things somewhat.
    hendrix likes this.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  7. #7
    International Coach OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    11,302
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    On form basis, yes. But overall, isn't he competing with Cook for that? or for that matter, Warner? Cook was talked upon as the best batsman in the world at one point, almost equal to Clarke and supposed to have the best chance to overtake Tendulkar's record in tests. Though he is out of form now, on career level, Warner and Vijay have still got a lot of catching up to do.
    Obviously this is about the current situation. In a world XI, it's Warner and Vijay opening. It's been that way for a while too.

  8. #8
    International Coach OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    11,302
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    England in the top three attacks in world cricket is pushing things somewhat.
    Will admit I left out NZ for tactical reasons.

  9. #9
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    13,199
    Cook's been fairly dire since the tour of India IIRC, which was two years ago.

    So yes, but it wouldn't surprise me if Latham and/or Brathwaite overtake him in the near future.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    15,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    WW: Braithwaite, Gayle
    Hendrix: Latham
    Most people: Still probably Cook eh?
    Warner & Vijay for me with Braithwaite & Latham not too far behind.

    Nobody in their right mind would say Cook right now based on his average of 33 in the last 2 years. And that's over 40 innings, so not a small sample.

  11. #11
    International Coach OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    11,302
    Everyone believed Cook had a legitimate chance of beating Sachin's run tally. Funny times.

  12. #12
    State Vice-Captain CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Obviously this is about the current situation. In a world XI, it's Warner and Vijay opening. It's been that way for a while too.
    On current form, yes, It is Warner and Vijay absolutely.

  13. #13
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #teamAthlai
    Posts
    31,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Warner & Vijay for me with Braithwaite & Latham not too far behind.

    Nobody in their right mind would say Cook right now based on his average of 33 in the last 2 years. And that's over 40 innings, so not a small sample.
    He is only 29, if he finds the form of 2010-2012 he'll be the best by a long margin again.

  14. #14
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    We all know Blocky
    Posts
    32,758
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Everyone believed Cook had a legitimate chance of beating Sachin's run tally. Funny times.
    England play so many million billion tests that if Cook can get his **** together he's going to waltz past so many awesome players.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    23,062
    I rate Tom Latham. Great technique. Knows his game so well. Knows exactly what to play and what not to play according to his abilities. I am very impressed by him. I hope he has a great career. I am actually most excited about Latham among the three openers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are we really going to pretend that Tim Southee...
    By Howsie in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 08:43 PM
  2. Pretend you're going to die.
    By Flem274* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 11:29 AM
  3. Vijay Merchant
    By G.I.Joe in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
  4. Who Did You Used to Pretend to Be?
    By Goughy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •