• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Send offs given by bowlers

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't want to be an old fart, but never liked send offs. The job's done, you have your man, no need to be a **** about it. Questioning a batsman's techique/courage/parentage/***uality might serve some purpose before he's dismissed (SR Waugh's "mental disintegration", etc), but afterwards it looks more than a little ****ish, IMHO.

Sidearse was particularly bad with the SOs.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Gives goosebumps even today. It's funny how Imran on commentary goes from "Sohail is a great competitor" to "Very unintelligent piece of Cricket from Amir Sohail" within a ball :laugh:
Playing a premeditated shot and telling the bowler in advance is probably the worst thing a batsman can do :)

btw How can we embed videos in CW?

smash84

The Tiger King
Gives goosebumps even today. It's funny how Imran on commentary goes from "Sohail is a great competitor" to "Very unintelligent piece of Cricket from Amir Sohail" within a ball :laugh:
haha.......so true.....Sohail was bizarre really so can't blame Imran there

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah that was awful from Sohail probably cost us the game at this point, right up there with Misbah and Hafeez scoop

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
When I take a wicket, I never feel any need or temptation to badmouth the batsman. It's just so redundant, you've already beaten the batsman fair and square, the job is done.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Speaking for myself, not a fan of giving sendoffs or being verbally aggressive in any other way. Wouldn't judge someone else for doing it though - guess it's different strokes for different folks.
Personally speaking, always believed that if the ball does the talking, the bowler doesn't need to utter a single word. And that day when the ball delivered from my hand stops talking, I'd pick up a different sport! :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Had two send offs in my club game today. The second one created an incident which I can't divulge on the Internet. Further reinforced my belief that send offs are a bad idea.