• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Send offs given by bowlers

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not against any form of verbals, but the vast majority tend to be crap. If the bowler's genuinely beaten the batsman after the batsman was nattering, then the bowler probably deserves the last word. Otherwise, a send off just looks idiotic.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not against any form of verbals, but the vast majority tend to be crap. If the bowler's genuinely beaten the batsman after the batsman was nattering, then the bowler probably deserves the last word. Otherwise, a send off just looks idiotic.
So you will be fine if I call you a **** after each delivery during my over off spin then,

And my fielders have a go at you after each delivery.

I will remember this if there is ever a CW game on neutral territory.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So you will be fine if I call you a **** after each delivery during my over off spin then,

And my fielders have a go at you after each delivery.

I will remember this if there is ever a CW game on neutral territory.
I'd say you were being a pillock. I'd be right.

Also, if there is a CW game, I wouldn't have to put with it for very long. My innings tend to not outstay their welcome.

smash84

The Tiger King
Gave a batsman a send off a few weeks ago in our semi final. We were defending a small target and the bloke had failed to hit anything at all that was outside the off stump but kept giving us lip. Gave him a few words on his way off the ground but I felt like a proper dick afterwards.

Lost the game, too.
:laugh: good one

Flem274*

123/5
In school cricket I got the opposition allrounder out with a yorker and he returned the favour to me second ball of my innings, then gave his opinion (accurate) of my batting as I turned to trudge back to the chairs.

And that's my story.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Sreesanth send-off was bush league. Nothing in it, just sort of looked at Symonds to death.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always found reading write-up in the paper in the morning before the game gave me a few ideas should a send-off be needed. If the batsman has been a bit of a ****wit then I think it's fine if you decide to usher him on his way.

Or if you've come up with a cracker of a line before the game and decide to use it regardless.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Ponting's reaction is even worse than Watson's. Watson was the bowler so he let off some steam (still way OTT), but Ponting being captain was just an arse standing there with his mouth open.