• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Send offs given by bowlers

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The most annoying Andre Nel moments are when he's been hit for a few fours then gets a wicket gifted to him and acts all high and mighty like he earned it.

Enough about Nel though, I'm sure there are many other cricketers out there worthy of our scrutiny. :)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Brett Lee used to be one of the worst in this area.

Ganguly is almost there i think.:P

nibbs

International Captain
Why does Lee always look so angry. It just so silly. Whenever I took wickets back in my days of playing cricket, I would smile and be happy. Maybe I might punch the air with my fist. But thats as far as I'd ever go. I've heard tales of players yelling at batsmen, 'go home you piece of sh.t'. Why why why!?!?!?!?!?

IMO, the best celebration of someone taking a wicket was when Mark Richardson caught and bowled Youhana to get his first ever test wicket. Top stuff. It really was.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
speaking of Mark Richardson im sure many people will remember his bow and salute to the crowd against the Aussies a few years back when he caught a certain player for 99.

i sure do.:(

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I wasnt aware that "spaz" had such a harsh meaning.my bad.

anyway,send offs are not on.

I don't see what is wrong with send offs.

But it cannot become offensive, that is stepping over the mark.
thats the problem.it usually is offensive.When a bowler gets a batsmen out,and the bowler walks towards him pointing to the dreessing room as if to say "get your *** out of here",how can that not be offensive?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mr. Ponting said:
speaking of Mark Richardson im sure many people will remember his bow and salute to the crowd against the Aussies a few years back when he caught a certain player for 99.

i sure do.:(
i saw nothing in wrong with that? it was quite funny actually :lol:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
FRAZ said:
I am wondering why only Pakistani pacers get penalties etc .
Racism ...eh:lol:
Nel was pathetic in a one dayer in Pakistan and they fined Akhtar for some thin in the next one dayer. No one in Pakistan raised any thing though coz they were 'grateful' South Africa were atleast touring the country. I found that very amusing.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Good bump by the bot.

(Which has now been deleted I think)

have always hated send offs.

I will never forget though Willie Watson was giving everyone including Heath verbals at every opportunity. So Heath Streak gave some of it back after taking a wicket. And he got his match fee fined and watson got away scot free. So in my mind swearing at players all together should be out. I don't really see why it is allowed in the game. It is uncouth, and poor sportsmanship.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, despise send-offs. You've already got him out, ffs, no need to carry on.

Siddle is particularly bad in this regard I have to say.

smash84

The Tiger King
remember shoaib akhtar getting fined for showing Hayden the way to the pavilion after dismissing him

uvelocity

International Coach
Most batsmen aren't around long enough for me to get cranky enough to give em a spray. Does happen sometimes though.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Got tailgated when driving away from a club game my brother was playing in when his send-off was taken a bit too seriously by the opposition. It was a bit scary really.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I got a send off in school boy cricket once - I had switched allegiance to another school and was playing against my former school. After a heated run chase where I made 50 and brought us to within striking distance their best bowler then got me lbw. "On your bike Hurricane" and pointed me to the pavillion. It was the winning of the game. He got told off by the umpire and had to apologize to me. He probably thought it was worth it.

Was a Gillette cup 2nd round knock out game for the kiwi posters.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gave a batsman a send off a few weeks ago in our semi final. We were defending a small target and the bloke had failed to hit anything at all that was outside the off stump but kept giving us lip. Gave him a few words on his way off the ground but I felt like a proper dick afterwards.

Lost the game, too.