• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Mitch Marsh is going to be an outstanding test cricketer" thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't think many people here doubt this tbf. It's whether he's ready right now which was in question - though he quite clearly is

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll be honest in saying I'd not seen him bat at all prior to his international debut. He's classy.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's written into all CH9 commentary contracts that all mention of him must include superlatives. Even dismissal need reference 'had to be a good ball to get him out'

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At some point genetics has to kick in; there'll be a fatal technical flaw which will be exposed and doom him to a sub-40 average. #swampycurse

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well maybe I'm wrong because the Curse of the Marshes has always been the one tailing in...

Valer

First Class Debutant
I'm not sure he's definitively better than Twatto at this point in time and having both of them is less than ideal from a balance perspective. The somewhat thin options at FC level could save him from being being in and out of the team.

I'd be surprised to not see him in the team in say 5 years time but I'm not so sure he'll play every test he's fit for till then.

Watson's superior reverse skills makes him a much more versatile 4th quick if nothing else.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The last few times I've seen Moises bat I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen.