• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

State Shield

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I ended up going to Parachute for the day yesterday so I didn't see C.D v Auckland but it was great to see Oram coming back for C.D & leading by example...thats a very good sign.

What a fantastic round of cricket though.

Mingster

State Regular
Yup, arguably the best round of domestic cricket in NZ History.

My form team so far for the State Shield (exc Black Caps):

1 Papps+
2 Stewart/Sinclair
3 Fulton
4 Taylor
5 Vincent/Sinclair (Yeah I know he's injured but out of the 3 games he played he looked good)
6 Harris
7 Wilson
8 Martin
9 Walker
10 Aldridge
11 Walmsley

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Didn't ND do exceptionally well to get Otago down to 9 wickets I didn't see the game only scorecards through the CD v Auckland game and at one point weren't Otago at 150-2?

And the Canterbury win-sublime:)

southern man

U19 Cricketer
I dont think ND did that well Otago just stuffed up like that do every time.
We should of cruised to victory when we were 130 for 1.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
130/1 by Otago suggests Northern once again made a mess of a decent batting pitch...or they bowled rather badly on a good bowling pitch.

Mingster

State Regular
I don't know what the hell ND are trying to do with Yovich.

They are playing him as a batting allrounder.

anzac

International Debutant
Mingster said:
Yup, arguably the best round of domestic cricket in NZ History.

My form team so far for the State Shield (exc Black Caps):

1 Papps+
2 Stewart/Sinclair
3 Fulton
4 Taylor
5 Vincent/Sinclair (Yeah I know he's injured but out of the 3 games he played he looked good)
6 Harris
7 Wilson
8 Martin
9 Walker
10 Aldridge
11 Walmsley

Scott & C Martin????????

anzac

International Debutant
has anyone else noticed there appears to be a nice little 'unofficial' type scrap developing between Cairns & Oram in the batting depts..........so far as ODI allrounder selection goes - just in case the selectors were contemplating NOT selecting both to play.........

I am pleased to see the Cairns seems to be finding some form with the bat again with a couple of decent little cameo type knocks at over 100 % SR...........

then Oram steps up in what his 1st game back for CD and belts a ton - just to even up his side of the ledger !!!!!!!!!!

at this point a CD v Canterbury final sounds a mouth watering prospect regarding both the batting & the bowling........

:)

anzac

International Debutant
Fleming makes a ton.........Mason takes 6.........

Canterbury on top of the points ahead of CD.....

Papps still the only batsman with more than 400 runs, although Fulton is just 3 runs short of the mark, with Taylor & Stewart the only others to break 350........

Scott leads with 17 wickets from C Martin on 16, then 3 on 14 including Walsmley & Harris, Aldridge on 13, then 3 spinners - B Martin & Morland on 11, with B Walker on 9...........

it will be interesting to see how the introduction of the International players affects the Canterbury lineups and results.......

:)

Mingster

State Regular
B Scott and C Martin haven't done better than Walmsley or Aldridge.

That southern couple has been pretty expensive so far this season.

Mingster

State Regular
The latest for the SOO game is that Chris Cairns will play for the North Island. Figure that out!

The North Island will have a pretty strong middle-order:

3 H Marshall
4 R Taylor
5 S Styris
6 C Cairns
7 J Oram.

nibbs

International Captain
Oram's hitting against Walmsley was awesome. I think if he can do that for the national side, we'll be in good shape come the last 10 overs (provided he is in).

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats ridiculous, Cairns & Oram should be in different sides so they can compete.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Of Course! I forgot about that...well it's legit then.

Souths bowling will be weak, but i personally think their batting is stronger than the Northern team so it will balance out.

Mingster

State Regular
Oram has already shown to us in ODIs that he can hit out in the last 10 or even before then.

The South attack will be weak. Having seen Brad Scott today, he's overrated. Only medium pace like the rest of their attack.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats why I think despite the fact that Sherlock hasn't been playing for C.D...the South team may elect to pick him to liven their attack up a bit.

I think they'll go with Chris Martin, Bradley Scott, Andrew Schwass & maybe Stephen Cunis...or something like that.

Kent

State 12th Man
Ah, the Basin. Ah, Fleming...

Thanks Kelly Payne; summer's never been better! If only we could ask more attractive women to go down (...to Christchurch) and snare the next generation.

I'm now watching Bradley Scott on my tape. Parore and Coney suggest he's followed in the Alex Tait/Tama Canning tradition of topping the domestic wicket-taker list, and sadly I've yet to see anything that makes me disagree.

But why aren't Sky brave enough to put the radar on these guys! It'd be far more interesting than it is for most internationals. If Wilson or Sherlock were playing it could have snuffed out (or enhanced) two of the media's pet stories this summer.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not cheap to crank up a speed gun, there isn't enough justification to use one in a domestic match. I have no idea what kind of ratings they get for live domestic cricket, but it can't be enough to supply a speed gun.

Kent

State 12th Man
Yet the ratings are high enough to justify 5+ commentators?!

You know Parore said he wouldn't sit in an office for $100,000 a year, so I doubt his mate Marty has him in the com box for $10 an hour. :)

Last edited: