• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Flem274*

123/5
All we need is to drop Rutherford for Guppy and the cordon will be perfect. Taylor at first, Guppy at second, Southee third and Kane in the gully with Craig and Latham to add and Baz patrolling cover.

Blocky

Banned
Neesham has so much potential as a bowler - great action, generates good pace, gets good lift off the wicket - just suffers from Sodhi disease where he can't bowl in a consistent pattern, also suffers from not being able to take the ball off the seam despite everything being in his favour to do so. If I was NZ Cricket I'd be investing a **** tonne of Bond's time in trying to get Neesham performing with the ball because he offers us so much at 6 with the bat.

Blocky

Banned
All we need is to drop Rutherford for Guppy and the cordon will be perfect. Taylor at first, Guppy at second, Southee third and Kane in the gully with Craig and Latham to add and Baz patrolling cover.
As much as Taylor can take some blinders, he tends to drop one a series that is a complete doddle.

Howsie

International Captain
Neesham has so much potential as a bowler - great action, generates good pace, gets good lift off the wicket - just suffers from Sodhi disease where he can't bowl in a consistent pattern, also suffers from not being able to take the ball off the seam despite everything being in his favour to do so. If I was NZ Cricket I'd be investing a **** tonne of Bond's time in trying to get Neesham performing with the ball because he offers us so much at 6 with the bat.
He's a strong lad but I wouldn't say his bowling action is great. His head drops away sooooo much he's always going to struggle with his accuracy. Not to mention he does nothing with the ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He's a strong lad but I wouldn't say his bowling action is great. His head drops away sooooo much he's always going to struggle with his accuracy. Not to mention he does nothing with the ball.
Feel as though with some tweaks he can be quite threatening. Doesn't seem to have a plan at the moment, and doesn't exploit the seam or the pitch as as well as he could. Just seems to bowl exactly the same the world over on every pitch.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neesham has so much potential as a bowler - great action, generates good pace, gets good lift off the wicket
Indeed, I've been scratching my head as to exactly what it is about his action that causes him to lose shape so often. As you say, he actually has quite a classy action.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tbh I want Rutherford and Latham to get some more runs and experience. Don't enforce, give Tim & Trent a good rest. Get 500 runs ahead.

Blocky

Banned
Agree with that - I mean more so his setup, the way he gets over his front leg and his high arm action - they're all good signs of being able to generate pace and sustain it over a number of overs. He should study Dale Steyn and Allan Donald for how to keep the arm and head high through the crease which would help him.

But the nothing with the ball part comes down to wrist action and grip - very rare for an NZ bowler to not swing it one way or the other.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Indeed, I've been scratching my head as to exactly what it is about his action that causes him to lose shape so often. As you say, he actually has quite a classy action.
He's a "spearer". He brings the bowling arm over past perpendicular which ****s up his accuracy and wrist release because he can only spear the ball into the right hander.

Blocky

Banned
McCullum needs 112* to get his average up to forty. Quite incredible when you consider how long he was in the mid thirties.

Blocky

Banned
Jesus, anyone nervous looking at the scores in Ford Trophy as to what's going to happen during the world cup? One side with 400, the other was 355 and another was 385.