• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone else think that a 1 week turnaround between the end of the ODI's in the emirates and the first day of the boxing day test is ridiculously short? If I were Hesson, I'd be tempted to allow the more critical members of the test side (Kane and Ross) to miss the final ODI and get them back a couple of days early.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone else think that a 1 week turnaround between the end of the ODI's in the emirates and the first day of the boxing day test is ridiculously short? If I were Hesson, I'd be tempted to allow the more critical members of the test side (Kane and Ross) to miss the final ODI and get them back a couple of days early.
Pcb may complain, with all due respect to devcich et al Kane and Ross are nz's batting

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose, and tbf, it's only 4 players (Latham, KW, Taylor and Corey) who are affected. Still, it's far from ideal.

Athlai

Not Terrible
With the WC around the corner, a 2 match series against Sri Lanka isn't really worth resting them for.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Has Wagner done enough in the fc match? Thoughts
Probably, but it's very close. Henry has looked so good with the white ball in the Emirates, that I really want him in the team. If it's another green top like the one from last week's FC game then I'd probably like to go with 4 seamers with both Henry and Wagner playing. If it's a bit dryer like the 1st round Plunket match, then Wagner probably has enough credit in the bank to hold on to his 3rd seamer spot (he gets reverse swing doncha know).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Both teams are gonna be a bit undercooked I reckon

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone being pulled out of our FC cricket for that one, I'm afraid. NZC might send Raki Weerasundara and Arnie Yugaraja down to give you an open wicket practice, in NZC's new tradition of giving visiting teams a bit of a slipshod warm-up.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone being pulled out of our FC cricket for that one, I'm afraid. NZC might send Raki Weerasundara and Arnie Yugaraja down to give you an open wicket practice, in NZC's new tradition of giving visiting teams a bit of a slipshod warm-up.
Well it's to be expected after the English press sneered at the naivety of NZ Cricket for allowing Jimmie Anderson to play for Auckland in the Plunket Shield the week before he blew NZ away at the Basin in 2008.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
So long as the openers get a hit and our test bowlers can have a bit of a run-around (Eranga in particular will need a decent spell or two) then I'm pretty happy, wasn't aware there was a warm-up match tbh

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Probably, but it's very close. Henry has looked so good with the white ball in the Emirates, that I really want him in the team. If it's another green top like the one from last week's FC game then I'd probably like to go with 4 seamers with both Henry and Wagner playing. If it's a bit dryer like the 1st round Plunket match, then Wagner probably has enough credit in the bank to hold on to his 3rd seamer spot (he gets reverse swing doncha know).
You're completely forgetting Bracewell who has been in good form and has actually played first class cricket recently unlike Henry.

I like Henry better too but Bracewell is the frontrunner.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand XI to play two-day warm-up v Sri Lanka named

The New Zealand XI to play Sri Lanka in a two-day match at Queenstown on Sunday and Monday, 21-22 December, has been named.

Bruce Edgar, New Zealand Cricket’s GM National Selection, said the combination was based on the availability of players during the third round of the Plunket Shield.

New Zealand XI

Dean Robinson (Central Stags)

Rob O'Donnell /Anaru Kitchen (Auckland Aces)

Jono Hickey (Northern Knights)*

Matt Taylor (Wellington Firebirds)

Cole McConchie (Canterbury) *Captain

Josh Finnie (Otago Volts)*

Dane Cleaver (Central Districts) *Wicket-keeper*

Ben McCord* (Canterbury)

Tim Johnston (Canterbury)

Lachie Ferguson* (Auckland Aces )

Michael Snedden* (Otago Volts)

Jamie Gibson* (Wellington Firebirds)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You're completely forgetting Bracewell who has been in good form and has actually played first class cricket recently unlike Henry.

I like Henry better too but Bracewell is the frontrunner.
I hope this logic doesn't mean a recall for two-metre Peter.