• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yikes

Rich2001

International Captain
Afridi Back With A Bang!

"A whirlwind 72 off 32 balls from Shahid Afridi lifted Griqualand West to 252 for 7 against a shocked Boland attack at Kimberley. Afridi posted eight fours and five sixes in his 52-minute knock, and helped his side reach the hundred mark in just the 12th over."

Not quite as good as A.Symonds for Kent vs Hampshire in the 20/20 cup last season :D (97 from 39 balls) :P

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nothing unites the Pakistan squad like a game against India. Just look at their squad when their test team last toured India.. They suddenly start making the right selection moves and the players start playing better.

FRAZ

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Nothing unites the Pakistan squad like a game against India. Just look at their squad when their test team last toured India.. They suddenly start making the right selection moves and the players start playing better.
I dont think so , In the past Pakistan hasnt done as good as they should have .

FRAZ

International Captain
One thing , I love India and their cricket passion , I admire it really . Out of nowhere this thing came into my mind .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich2001 said:
Afridi Back With A Bang!

"A whirlwind 72 off 32 balls from Shahid Afridi lifted Griqualand West to 252 for 7 against a shocked Boland attack at Kimberley. Afridi posted eight fours and five sixes in his 52-minute knock, and helped his side reach the hundred mark in just the 12th over."

Not quite as good as A.Symonds for Kent vs Hampshire in the 20/20 cup last season :D (97 from 39 balls) :P
Sadly I don't think this indicates he's back from anything.
Scoring of this pace (forget Twenty20, that doesn't say anything significant about a player's ability) simply suggests that the style he has unfortunately adopted has had a rare success.
I'd much prefer see him have scored 72 off 80 balls.:(

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
:wow: :wow: wow typical afridi.

although i doubt he'll score another 10 runs for the rest of the season.:) :P

nibbs

International Captain
Richard said:
Sadly I don't think this indicates he's back from anything.
Scoring of this pace (forget Twenty20, that doesn't say anything significant about a player's ability) simply suggests that the style he has unfortunately adopted has had a rare success.
I'd much prefer see him have scored 72 off 80 balls.:(
I agree. All too often if someone whose been playing crap comes along and puts on an awesome proformance suddenly we hear headlines like 'Bob back in form' etc. But does one good innings mean your back to your best? I doubt it. Lou Vincent, after innings of 2,4,8,12,4,8,4,4,4,4,0,2 suddenly came out and scored a 100 against India. We heard all this crap about how he was back in form blah blah blah. After this 100 he returned to his normal form with innings of 4,8,4,4, etc.

To be back, you've got to do it more than once, but rather do it again and again...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
One could argue that a run of low scores isn't always bad form, just the fact he's getting out early on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You don't have to be in poor form - the scorebook is more important than how well you appear to be batting.
(Unless, of course, you happen to have been unlucky lots, but that's unusual)
Poor scores mightn't say anything about someone's ability, but they sure as hell say everything about the security of your place.