• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Biggest Fan

Athlai

Not Terrible
Too long has CW pondered the difficult questions. Who does PEWS like more, a Zimbabwean 2nd XI player, or a NSW 2nd XI player? Does Jono know that people play cricket that aren't name Virat Kohli? Whats this mysterious team WW seems to support and do they play Tests?

So to put it all in one easy to search, quote and deride place, put your money where your mouth is CW. Who are you the biggest fan of? Can you lay claim to be their biggest fan?

Who loves who the most?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
So I'd say my top 5 of the current lot would be...

Jeetan Patel
James Franklin
Ross Taylor
Martin Guptill
Shakib al Hasan/Mushfiqur Rahim

Wait I just remembered Guptill. I'd have him in my top 5 and then put Shakib/Rahim as a joined #5.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mrs. Athlai wanted to weigh in:

Lasith Malinga - "I like his hair"
Jesse Ryder - "He's a lovable rogue, a drunken rogue, mainly a drunken rogue"
Daniel Vettori - "He wears pink, has cute glasses and is good at making ads"
Mahmudullah - "He has a cute name, Marmadoolah"
Trent Boult - "I went to school with him =) "

Flem274*

123/5
Ross is the boss.
Watling is the WPWB.
Milne is the future best bowler in the world.

Need to think about the rest of my order.

Flem274*

123/5
Mrs. Athlai wanted to weigh in:

Lasith Malinga - "I like his hair"
Jesse Ryder - "He's a lovable rogue, a drunken rogue, mainly a drunken rogue"
Daniel Vettori - "He wears pink, has cute glasses and is good at making ads"
Mahmudullah - "He has a cute name, Marmadoolah"
Trent Boult - "I went to school with him =) "
she has better taste than you.

jeets and franklin #1 and #2. jesus. and of course you have the banshee of bangladesh in there.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My overall fav player is Bruce Edgar.

Tied for first place is Ross however.

Here is my case why I am his biggest fan.

1) I have supported him since the start of his career.
2) I am the only person out of the three people to have a Ross Avatar for a while
3) I wrote on his face book page during Ross Gate
4) I have twice given him a standing ovation for scoring a ton - once at the basin and once at the cake tin
5) I have made the most pro-Ross posts on CW.
6) I said that he was better than Kane in the recent Kane vs Ross thread.
7) I protected his good name by not passing on dodgy rumours I heard about him at training once.
8) I analysed his forward defensive system and copied it for my own play.
9) I have always liked the name Ross
10) I once had a friend that looked like him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If w're going for all players that I've seen in my lifetime, it would be (in order of most loved to least)

Martin Crowe - the man who got me addicted to cricket in 1992, and still the greatest NZ batsman ever (for now)
Waqar Younis - the Mike Tyson of fast bowlers (minus the ***ual assault case and general mental meltdown), a compact, ferocious, whirling force of destruction in his youth who obliterated my hopes as a young fan time and time again, but who always left me in awe of his pace and swing.
Shane Bond - this spot was going to go to Chris Cairns, but his general ****yness has permanently eliminated him from my affections. Bond offered hope of breaking through the glass ceiling imposed by the limits of Stephen Fleming's charges, and reaching for genuine greatness. Sadly it wasn't to be, but I'll always cherish his many demolition jobs against Australia.
Curtly Ambrose - when I was growing up, Curtly was the scariest man in world cricket. He also had the coolest name, which definitely helped things. Always adored him after watching him terrify the aussies in the 92/93 test series and ODI's.
Shane Warne - don't think I need to say too much here. Watching Warne bowl was more thrilling than any fast bowler. IMO the greatest cricket entertainer of all time.

Of the current bunch, it'd go Sangakarra first then Taylor, Johnson, Chanderpaul and Southee

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I'm gonna jump in and claim Neil Wagner. May not have the most talent or the best record but he's got such a great attitude to bowling and cricket in general that I just always love watching him bowl. He's certainly someone who's got white line fever and it really adds something to his bowling, I feel. If he didn't have that aggression and competitive streak he wouldn't be half the bowler he is. He's almost one of those guys who can get a breakthrough from sheer willpower. He's got some pretty special talent though - watching that 5-wicket over is still incredible.

Off the field, he's the nicest guy in the world. Always happy to see you and ask how you're getting on, just a brilliant bloke.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I fail at this thread.

Am probably the biggest fan of Collingwood, Katich, Neil Broom, Hamish Bennett, Derek de Boorder and perhaps Callum Ferguson

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Also if you lot can ask your partners (or if no partner available, your mum/horse) who their favourite is and why. That'd be great.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ok i asked my one and she said Lasith Malinga,Jesse Ryder, Daniel Vettori, Mahmudullah & Trent Boult

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm jumping on the Haze bandwagon ftr.

Love Smith, Harris, Patto, Johnson. Also was a fanboy of Hughes :(

Hard to think of non-Aussies. AB, perhaps. I also kinda like Sharma, mainly because everyone else hates him. I seem to be partial towards a lot of players people irrationally hate for some reason.