• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Biggest Fan

Flem274*

123/5
Just gone through my favourite players from around the world and realised most of them are pace bowlers.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder if people feel the need to exaggerate their attachment to a player or side that's only just obscure enough to build themselves a pseudo-unique sense of forumer identity.

I have no experience of this myself

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
I haven't been on the forum long and don't know many of your attachments to players but I believe Jackson Bird is Australia's greatest ever bowler so I'll take him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wonder if people feel the need to exaggerate their attachment to a player or side that's only just obscure enough to build themselves a pseudo-unique sense of forumer identity.

I have no experience of this myself
It's because your English and lack any likeable players.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
In chronological order, based on my cricket fan career:

Andrew Jones - always thought he didn't get enough love because of Martin Crowe taking it all, loved his grittiness and the way he took such an unorthodox style to be our greatest No. 3 (KW will probably surpass him though).

Wasim Akram - so often the nemesis of the NZ batting lineup, the way he was just a magician with the ball and could bowl anything, anywhere, anytime. Tried to be like him until fate made me realise I should model myself on Glenn McGrath instead.

Rahul Dravid - loved the way he batted, so calm and composed always, seems like a decent fellow in all regards. Loved it how such a peaceful guy could fashion an outstanding record.

Shane Bond - an excitement machine during a relatively dull period for NZ quicks. As close as we've ever got to Wasim Akram.

AB de Villiers - just so ****ing good. In ODIs you have to get him out or you will lose.