• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team failed to produce a single ATG player in last 30 years?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry to disagree but jayasuriya is a better all rounder than flintoff just because he can win it with bat or the ball and in when it matters.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just to confirm

Did the OP ask about ODI ATGs or WC ATGs?

Oh cool

Let's do the same for Tests

Freddie is an ATG in Tests because his ashes record at home when under 30

**** y'all

Freddie is King. End of discussion, thread closed.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Just to confirm

Did the OP ask about ODI ATGs or WC ATGs?

Oh cool

Let's do the same for Tests

Freddie is an ATG in Tests because his ashes record at home when under 30

**** y'all

Freddie is King. End of discussion, thread closed.
Well, I didn't say whoever performs well in WC is a ODI ATG (Mohinder Amarnath isn't a ODI ATG, Steve Waugh probably isn't either). But if you look at all ODI ATGs, they've had a few notable performances in WCs.

And Ashes is overrated FTR. :p

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry to disagree but jayasuriya is a better all rounder than flintoff just because he can win it with bat or the ball and in when it matters.
Jayasuriya is a better ODI player than Flintoff, but whether he's a better allrounder is debatable. I wouldn't trust him to bowl 10 overs consistently outside sub-continent.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That's your personal problem. But it's not a no. 1 vs no. 2 series 95% of the times.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Migara creating controversial threads, Red hill making ATG XIs, GIMH getting all touchy over Freddie. Think normalcy has returned to CW :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's your personal problem. But it's not a no. 1 vs no. 2 series 95% of the times.
You realise this standard you're proclaiming renders every series India has ever played except for those within an 18 month window in about 2010 utter ****?

cnerd123

likes this
That's not his point.

He thinks performances in Ashes series should not be held up to the same level as performances against the all-conquering Aus/WI sides just because of the history and prestige attached; since recently Aus and Eng have both been mostly mediocre.

Still not a great point but yea.

Actually on re-reading that may not have been his point after all.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's not his point.

He thinks performances in Ashes series should not be held up to the same level as performances against the all-conquering Aus/WI sides just because of the history and prestige attached; since recently Aus and Eng have both been mostly mediocre.

Still not a great point but yea.

Actually on re-reading that may not have been his point after all.
In my original sarcastic point it was pretty clear only the 2005 Ashes counted anyway. Was 1 V 2.

Flem274*

123/5
I would pick Klusener and Chris Harris as ODI alrounders ahead of Flintoff
I love a good troll bowler but Flintoff has the wood on Harris with the bat. As bowlers their roles are completely different so if I was making a team I don't think they would be competing against each other.