• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

MrPrez

International Debutant
Is Piedt injured? It's weird that Harmer has leapfrogged him IMO unless they're going with five bowlers and thought they needed the batting.
Yeah Piedt is injured. Really unfortunate timing for him as SA will probably give Harmer an extended chance at proving himself now.

So happy to see actual prospects getting a go rather than "Tahir is still bad, lets just put in Peterson again."

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Not too sure about that DRS review there. Impact umpire's call -ok, but wickets surely hitting?

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Not too sure about that DRS review there. Impact umpire's call -ok, but wickets surely hitting?
The DRS rules (as they are today) say that , for a not out decision to be overturned, the middle of the ball must hit on the mid-stump-side of the middle of the stump that was to be hit. This means that the perfect ball, hitting off stump just a millimeter from the middle, will be given not out. Nearly everyone thinks this rule is silly.....

Swingpanzee

International Regular
What happens if the wickets are "hitting" but the impact is umpire's call?

Not a fan of Morkel bowling a long spell.He looks great atm, should use him more like Clarke used Mitch - short, hostile spells. South Africa have been a tad unlucky here, but a good start by West Indies.

Harmer to bowl

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Devon Smith is such an enigmatic player. Loved watching his inning and his exuberant stylish strokes.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Looked **** for a lot of the innings, yes. But are we going to love players only based on their runs and ability? I prefer liking players who I like for various aspects like style of batting, style of strokes etc.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Your'e allowed to love him for whatever reasons you choose. I just disagree. The only entertaining thing about his innings was watching Morkel destroy him, for me.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Haha surprised Smith didn't nick off to either Morkel or Steyn - makes his knock all the more disappointing.

ajdude

International Coach
been impressed with johnson, couple of loose shots but his defence looks sound and has rotated the strike alrightish i guess

is however prone to be trapped for a plumb LBW by harmer as soon as i talk about him. sorry windieweathers

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Johnson has okay technique but terrible temperament. Is very green right now. I would consider having him play more FC cricket before being exposed to tests further.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Noticing Samuels' drives outside off have been lacking. technically which is a worry. Hardly hitting the middle of the bat with those.

Stapel

International Regular
Is that a relatively unknown law of cricket? To take drinks whenever a 40 years+ batsman has to run 3?