• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Stoked for Brathwaite. I do agree with WW that the addition of Bravo and Roach would make this a very competitive team.

I had thought Samuels was done but nice to see him perform too.

Absolutely must get Bravo back for the next Test series, whenever that is.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Stoked for Brathwaite. I do agree with WW that the addition of Bravo and Roach would make this a very competitive team.

I had thought Samuels was done but nice to see him perform too.

Absolutely must get Bravo back for the next Test series, whenever that is.
This is the difference between the kiwis and us mate...you lot have a settled and well drilled side going and that's reflected in the performances and results...we on the other hand have rarely had the same team on the park for two consecutive tests...just watch in the next game Deonarine and Blackwood will most likely come in!!..until we're able to get our best team on the park on a consistent basis progress will be hard to find.

What is heartening though is in Kraigg we may have found the next Chanderpaul..hell many are even saying he's better than Shiv at the same age. The task now is to find a partner for him at the top of the order and also two more competent middle order batsmen who can help Darren Bravo and Samuels. It's gonna be tough but there are some more young talents coming through and hopefully we'll see more of them in 2015...Blackwood is a talent but is in a slump...if he comes through this he should be a better players for it.

akilana

International 12th Man
West Indies are missing Viv and Curtley then.
that wasn't the point. Gayle is done and I can't remember when he last played. Narine has hardly played any test cricket and he hasn't impressed enough to say he would have made any difference.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that wasn't the point. Gayle is done and I can't remember when he last played. Narine has hardly played any test cricket and he hasn't impressed enough to say he would have made any difference.
Didn't Gayle play against Bangladesh?

Flem274*

123/5
Narine is a biffer anyway and everyone knows it otherwise they wouldn't be hiding him for the World Cup.

I have nothing against the West Indies but I genuinely hope every ball he bowls disappears into the crowd come World Cup time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
On Australian decks, I don't think he'll be repeating his home and IPL successes. Not conducive to his type of bowling at all.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The problem with the West Indies cricket..Is the West Indies.

Migrate a young Roach, Bravo and mates to Australia and they would be world beaters by now. Its not the like the 80s where the selectors could pop into a random Jamaican bar, point at some bloke nursing a rum and he would be taking a Michelle on the weekend against the British.

Its just such a disgrace that Bravo Junior disappeared for ages with supposed depression issues and the WICB had no idea what was going on.

Nevertheless, it seems that the new FC competition is actually the first genuine good step they have made in a long time. But yet again, there are flaws with that too. Hardly any of the senior players are involved!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
The problem with the West Indies cricket..Is the West Indies.

Migrate a young Roach, Bravo and mates to Australia and they would be world beaters by now. Its not the like the 80s where the selectors could pop into a random Jamaican bar, point at some bloke nursing a rum and he would be taking a Michelle on the weekend against the British.

Its just such a disgrace that Bravo Junior disappeared for ages with supposed depression issues and the WICB had no idea what was going on.

Nevertheless, it seems that the new FC competition is actually the first genuine good step they have made in a long time. But yet again, there are flaws with that too. Hardly any of the senior players are involved!
I'm lucky enough to talk to key members of the wicb every now and then and the problem has always been funding mate...the 4-day comp hasn't had a sponsor for years so they are paying for it off their own back. This new professional league finally means our players are playing a similar amount of first class games per year as the Aussies, Kiwis etc. The next step is introducing a reserve league for the u19s and experienced first class players who haven't got a contract in the PCL so they can continue to develop and play cricket.

Yes it's very frustrating that the best players aren't playing in it but tbh it's giving some great young talent like Hetmyer, Pooran, Shai Hope, Azarri Joseph, Hosein etc a chance to play so i'm ok with it tbh.

Anyway back to the test...well once again we've avoided a whitewash!!!..that means in a three test series we haven't been whitewashed since 2008 or something like that...we're the only side ironically along with SA to hold that record..but hey we're minnows :D .