• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

dogwalker

U19 Captain
There's a paucity of opening options domestically, even van Zyl is a 3.

Elgar has never impressed, but SA play so few Tests he's likely to be around for a while.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Their 4th hundred stand? Impressive considering how few games Elgar has and his record is fairly average too.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Elgar will be there for the long term. He's so much better than what the international audience believes because he was so average at the beginning of his career - particularly at a time when we had the likes of Philander, Du Plessis, De Lange and Abbott walking onto the scene and acing it.

He's a very solid opener in a time where SA doesn't have many other options. I don't ever see him being a star but neither do I see him being a liability once he settles into international cricket.

Call me fussy but I'm a bit disappointed at the speed with which these two have batted. Rain is going to be an issue throughout this game; I'd have liked to see us sitting at at 340-odd by the end of today but I don't think we'll get near there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Elgar will be there for the long term. He's so much better than what the international audience believes because he was so average at the beginning of his career - particularly at a time when we had the likes of Philander, Du Plessis, De Lange and Abbott walking onto the scene and acing it.

He's a very solid opener in a time where SA doesn't have many other options. I don't ever see him being a star but neither do I see him being a liability once he settles into international cricket.

Call me fussy but I'm a bit disappointed at the speed with which these two have batted. Rain is going to be an issue throughout this game; I'd have liked to see us sitting at at 340-odd by the end of today but I don't think we'll get near there.
I don't think anyones ever thought Elgar was totally crap TBH. He has always looked pretty decent. Has definitely taken him a while to really kick on at Test level though.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
People were complaining about a decision in the first test where there were two sounds. And one was apparently not "spikey" enough to be the bat... That was a clear edge and not spikey at all.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think anyones ever thought Elgar was totally crap TBH. He has always looked pretty decent. Has definitely taken him a while to really kick on at Test level though.
Really? Plenty of people have said he's crap iirc.

akilana

International 12th Man
still not sold on Duminy and Faf is still a bit inconsistent. But the rest looks solid with Piedt to come in for Tahir. Need to find a way to fit Russow in to the side.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Faf is currently averaging 54. Duminy provides balance with his spin, especially in SA. Need an all-rounder, that Duminy now is, with Kallis gone.