• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Steyn isn't a great death bowler but he still has decent success because batsman struggle with his ego. Best example was that over against NZ in the World T20. Basically just bowled wide length balls they couldn't hit.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Well I don't think anyone is surprised by the situation at the end of day 3. If anything, I was fearing for considerably worse, which is quite something when you've been comprehensively forced to follow on. I think most of our batsmen looked ok and even comfortable against Steyn, Morkel and Abbot, but Philander was very hard to play. Ramdin played an awful shot, but I can't fault too many of the others. Almost everyone got starts and then got out which is annoying. I thought KB looked really good before he got out which is a good sign for the series. I don't think this is a 550/5 declared pitch and our seamers (Roach excepted) got it very wrong because there was movement available today and Philander exploited it superbly.

One more thing on umpiring for me because it is seriously dull when 3 pages of a thread are moaning about decisions. I think we were very harshly treated on one occasion today and the catch was extremely debatable and usually gets given not out. This has nothing to do with a conspiracy against us and everything to do with an incompetent idiot in Paul Reiffel who clearly shouldn't be at this level yet. When you combine his incompetence with the Amla non-bowled, it's fair to say the rub of the green hasn't gone our way. But tbh, we bowled so badly that we didn't deserve the luck anyway and South Africa are clearly in a different league to us at the moment anyway.

Let's hope for a bit of luck tomorrow and a much improved batting performance to set up the rest of the series.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mods, can we change this thread title back to the stats-boosting name that it was before?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Steyn only needs 12 wickets for 400. If he does it within the next three tests he'll be the second fastest ever, and fastest seamer.