• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Namibia and Zimbabwe

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
HATTRICK for Blignaut!

Sarkar lbw b Blignaut 10
Ashraful c sub b Blignaut 0
Rahman c Taibu b Blignaut 0

Bangladesh 14/5...what's the lowest score in a Test?

Edit: Found it. NZ 26 v England 1954/55...come on Zimbabwe ;)

Last edited:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
26 New Zealand v England Auckland 1954/55

Thats the lowest score in tests, Mr Vimes!

EDIT: I hate my dial up internet!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
26 New Zealand v England Auckland 1954/55

Thats the lowest score in tests, Mr Vimes!
Thank you. While finding that, I found a statistic that Bangladesh actually are top at - namely, the highest lowest innings total ever made. Their lowest innings total is 87 - and likely to be beaten today :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
And what a turn around for Mohammad Ashraful. 98 in the 1st innings and golden duck the next!
That's nothing! Ricky Ponting got 200+ & a duck against India, and if my memory serves me correct Steven Fleming did the same or got a big hundred against Pakistan and a duck in the second innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
At lunch, Bangladesh are 8/112. Price has 3/39, and mashud is 16*, Tapash was dismissed on the final ball before lunch, meaning Rafique comes in, with the useless Manjural Islam still to come.

Bangladesh dont have a hope in hell of even drawing this one.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The match drawing to its inevitable close now - BD 9/164. Khaled Mashud however is going out in a blaze of glory, 56* off 81 in a stand of 41 (Manjural on 1* :)) , which surpasses the previous record for Bangladesh 10th wicket (34).

Plenty of good contributions throughout the match from Bangladesh's middle-lower order, but the main batsmen Sarkar and Habibul failed to fire.

[edit] All over, BD all out for 169, Khaled Mashud makes his highest Test score of 61. Minor consolation though for yet another loss brought about by a top order collapse in the 2nd innings. Zimbabwe too might have hoped to dominate a little more as Heath Streak suggested, so both sides with plenty to work on before the 2nd Test.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Day 1 was washed out.

I reckon who ever wins the toss will bowl first. Remember I didnt enter in the predictions league so what I say wont be overly important in who wins the toss.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Day 2 washed out.

Question for marc: will an abandoned Test count for the predictions league? If not, I hope for sunshine in Bulawayo...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Why they play cricket in Zim in February absolutely beggars belief... Sheeesh its not called the "rainy season" for nothing..

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh have done quite well to reach 7/238 after their 50 overs, with three half-centuries providing the bulk of the runs. Habibul Bashar scored his first half-century as captain with 61 off 80, while his deputy Rajin Saleh anchored the innings with 57 off 107. Mohammad Ashraful continued his good form with a quickfire 51* off just 32 balls. These too (Saleh and Ashraful) are surely the future of Bangladeshi cricket.
None of the Zimbabwean bowlers picked up more than one wicket, with Ervine, Hondo and Mahwire particularly expensive. The much-maligned Khaled Mahmud made a triumphant return, with a brisk 22 off 16, including:

44.4 Hondo to Khaled Mahmud, SIX, MAX! short delivery on the middle and leg, Mahmud gets back quickly and pulls it over the mid wicket fence

:D :):P :)

Last edited:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Bangladesh definately have a chance now.......since Zimbabwe's batting has been crumbling of late, if their bowlers can get a couple early, it will be their game!!:O