• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Namibia and Zimbabwe

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Zimbabwe all out for 441 and Bangladesh in reply are 1/14 after bad light stopped play. Even though the Zim innings was slow, there could be a match here. Weather permitting of course.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't anyone following the match today? Bangladesh just averted the follow-on thanks to Mohammad Ashraful, who is coasting to a 2nd Test century (91* off 169). He has already hit two sixes of Price and one off Ervine. Apparently he has quite a good record against spinners, having scored a debut century and a 75 against the Sri Lankan spin attack (a.k.a. Murali) and a 77 against Pakistan. Bangladesh 246/5, Shahriar Hossain opening with 48 and Rajin Saleh a typically gritty 49 off 136. Habibul made an unfortunate start to his captaincy with a duck, but it's good to see the other batsmen performing well. :)

Streak 17-9-22-2. Economical!

Ashraful moves to 98*...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Come on Zim!!!

They really should be making more inroads than they are, I expect them to trounce Bangladesh, and I wouldnt really be satisfied with a draw from them...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
84.3 Streak to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT: chopped it on! tries to play away from his body, thick inside edge onto stumps, Streak celebrates his 200th test wicket

:(

Out for 98... shouldn't have let Blignaut bowl a maiden to him in the previous over...:(

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Bangladesh 9/301 after 104 overs...Streak has 25-11-32-4, very economical, while Hondo has 15-4-43-3!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Bangladesh accepted the light at the end of day 3 (106.2 overs), and are currently 9/313 in reply to Zim's first innings total of 441. Which means Bangladesh still trail Zim by 128 runs.

Manjural Islam Rana is on 30* and Manjural Islam is on 3*

Very good effort by Bangladesh, and fantastic bowling by Streak who picked up 4/44 off 26.2 overs.

Lets see what day 4 hold instore for us :P

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That could well be stumps on day 3 at 9/313 with the light being accepted by the Bangladeshi batsmen. Bangladesh could have hoped for a bit more at 5/259 but they will probably be fairly satisfied just to have batted 100+ overs and all but ensure that the match goes into a fifth day. This is also their highest total against Zimbabwe and their 4th highest in all Tests. Zimbabwe might be a bit disappointed, a couple of dropped chances: Mushfiqur on 14 (made 44) and Manjural Islam Rana on 0 (now 30*). Blignaut (18-3-70-1) and Ervine (12-2-52-0) both very expensive. Should be a good day tomorrow especially if Zimbabwe look to score quick runs and send Bangladesh in late in the day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I predict a duck for Ebrahim, a hundred for Gripper, a declaration, and suprise suprise, HEAPS of overs from Mohammed Rafique.

I also expect Sean Ervine to get the last wicket of the Ban innings with a slower ball.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'd never had sacked Mahmud.

Omar's injured - then there's Rafique (although having to bowl all day might be enough..)

Then (outside bet) Nafis Iqbal from the Under 19s who seems a confident leader.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Prince EWS said:
I predict a duck for Ebrahim, a hundred for Gripper, a declaration, and suprise suprise, HEAPS of overs from Mohammed Rafique.

I also expect Sean Ervine to get the last wicket of the Ban innings with a slower ball.
Well, Ebrahim is 11*, Gripper out for 5, declaration and heaps of overs from Rafique still possible, and Blignaut got the last wicket of the innings.
Zimbabwe are going to have to step up the run rate considerably if they want to bowl late in the day, which looks unlikely at this stage.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Adamc said:
Well, Ebrahim is 11*, Gripper out for 5, declaration and heaps of overs from Rafique still possible, and Blignaut got the last wicket of the innings.
Zimbabwe are going to have to step up the run rate considerably if they want to bowl late in the day, which looks unlikely at this stage.
Well, Zimbabwe declared at 8/242 and now Bangladesh have to get 353 to win. Not ungettable by any means, but this is Bangladesh!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
Well, Zimbabwe declared at 8/242 and now Bangladesh have to get 353 to win. Not ungettable by any means, but this is Bangladesh!
Interesting declaration. 100 overs to bowl Bangladesh out...I like that. Shows a will to win IMO (and also, perhaps, that Streak didn't really want to bat today ;))

Edit: Bashar gone for a two-ball duck, Bdesh 14/2. So much for predictions league...

Last edited:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Well, Zimabawe look to be winning it!

Bangladesh are 2/14 after one Hondo over!

EDIT: Samuel_Vimes, you beat me to it!!

EDIT2: But Not to this....3/14, and three LBW's....

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Make that 14/3, squid :) Saleh and Ashraful in.

Sarkar lbw b Blignaut 10...now if just Streak could take the ball and become prime wicket-taker