Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The value of Chanderpaul

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Chanderpaul is one of those "quiet" batsmen and always has been.
    Not dissimilar to the old Martyn.
    His feats get fleeting recognition and he is, off-handedly, mentioned as part of a good batting-line-up that includes far more illustrious "talented" players like Lara (correctly), Gayle and Sarwan (both seemingly rated better than their records suggest is logical), Smith ATM (???, 2 Tests), Powell (in ODIs - - has there ever been a worse player to play 80 ODIs?), Samuels at times (just because he's younger he gets more attention).
    Chanderpaul is, without doubt in my mind West Indies' best batsman after Lara, and that's not exactly a slight on somoene's ability to be second-best to someone like Lara.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Coach
    Regarding Powell, he plays more beacause he is a big hitter than a good batsman. Never rated him personally.

Not sure, though, ask Liam. :P
    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Originally posted by halsey
    Regarding Powell, he plays more beacause he is a big hitter than a good batsman. Never rated him personally.

Being a hitter doesnt make one a good or bad batsman. Hayden is also a hitter and Sehwag plays for India even though he is a 'hitter'.

Powell isnt a bad batsman at all. He smashed India in his opening series and has been rated by Gary Sobers as a very bright prospect in his autobiography..

He did chane his island recently for reasons I am not aware but has played well in is forst match and I reckon he will be back into the team soon.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Pratyush
    Being a hitter doesnt make one a good or bad batsman. Hayden is also a hitter and Sehwag plays for India even though he is a 'hitter'.

Powell isnt a bad batsman at all. He smashed India in his opening series and has been rated by Gary Sobers as a very bright prospect in his autobiography..

He did chane his island recently for reasons I am not aware but has played well in is forst match and I reckon he will be back into the team soon.
    Powell is a talented batsman who was poorly coached and has devolved into a poor representation of his potential.

He switched from Jamaica to T&T in the Carib Cup because his wife is a Trini. He then played a surprisngly mature and subdued innings at a crucial stage on his debut. Got 77 I think.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

International Captain
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Powell is a talented batsman who was poorly coached and has devolved into a poor representation of his potential.

He switched from Jamaica to T&T in the Carib Cup because his wife is a Trini. He then played a surprisngly mature and subdued innings at a crucial stage on his debut. Got 77 I think.
    Yes he is
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

International Captain
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Not really. Lara's era hasn't had the consistent support from other batsmen.
    You are absolutely right ...

The weird part is that he scores a ton and then gets injured doing so.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    He's really come into his own over the last 18 months , hit some superb form against India in the Windies & carried that into the WC & series against Australia.

As far as technique is concerned you'd think he'd thrown the textbook out , yet he's still suprisingly effective because his shot selection is so sound , he's very , very patient.
    Also has a very wide range of shots as he showed against the Australians & has dogged off that problem he had earlier in his carear of not converting 50's into 100's.

International Captain
    Where is pedro collins now a days . He was an ok seemer .

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    IMO he was rubbish , just a touch over medium pace , poor control & his body language would really let him down on occasions.

To his credit he could swing the ball both ways in helpful conditions , but they dont come around to often in the West Indies.

International Captain
    There is one question . How come two guys have same login name . I mean that is me FRAZ and also some times when I open this site I see myself logon already..

Originally posted by iamdavid
    IMO he was rubbish , just a touch over medium pace , poor control & his body language would really let him down on occasions.

To his credit he could swing the ball both ways in helpful conditions , but they dont come around to often in the West Indies.
    I agree that Pedro Collins is a substandard bowler. That's not due to ability, but due to his displacement. He's the type of bowler who, when he has some confidence, can be superb (see NZ in WI), but when he's low on confidence, he shouldn't get into a Zimbabwean side (see Aus in WI). He doesn't generally have an in-between. That said, he was useful in ODIs.

Originally posted by FRAZ
    There is one question . How come two guys have same login name . I mean that is me FRAZ and also some times when I open this site I see myself logon already..
    Are you sure you logged off the last time?

International Coach
    Originally posted by FRAZ
    This happens to me, djsj, and Armadillo because we go on at school, and the school's server can't recognise that it is on a different computer. So we all have to log off, and log back on again!

Originally posted by iamdavid
    IMO never a truer sentence spoken.

Chanderpaul is one of the West Indies best players, also he is experienced.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information