• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CSK Disqualified from IPL

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In some good news, the Supreme Court of India has asked CSK to be disqualified from the IPL.

kingkallis

International Coach
I doubt the morons will follow the rules though. It will be interesting to see how they handle the situation now.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warning: Conspiracy Theory

Dhoni being the VP of India Cements is the reason he hasn't been playing and is set to miss out the first test.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Warning: Conspiracy Theory

Dhoni being the VP of India Cements is the reason he hasn't been playing and is set to miss out the first test.
Supreme Court today questioned his conflict of interest as well.

Though there are no orders yet the observations in the hearing seem pretty damning for Srinivasan and CSK particularly.

Also, suggestion has been made to BCCI to hold fesh elections keeping those involved in this away.

Wonder what would happen to Srinivasan's ICC chairman role too if that were to happen ?

cnerd123

likes this
IPL is such a farce anyways. It's Cricketainment.

If the Supreme Court is serious about cleaning it up, then they need to follow through on their allegations of the BCCI itself

The court said that BCCI must put an end to all its controversies and move to conduct the election because "the life of the BCCI board is over", the court said. The Board taking any decision around the findings of the Mudgal probe, the court said, "must be a board which is legitimately in place and not a board which exists due to fortuitous circumstances."
Get a fresh, legitimate BCCI in, and then perhaps clean up the state boards and IPL.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't really care about the IPL but it's hilarious to describe it as 'cricktainement' - and mean it as a negative. It's sport. It's supposed to be entertainment....

OverratedSanity

I don't really care about the IPL but it's hilarious to describe it as 'cricktainement' - and mean it as a negative. It's sport. It's supposed to be entertainment....
It has a negative connotation because it's a reference to World Wrestling Entertainment and it's scripted nature.

Daemon

Please. The real entertainment comes from destroying people online in arguments over who the better player is/was and thus establishing intellectual superiority over the rest of the plebs.

Unfortunately I am yet to experience said entertainment.

brockley

International Captain
After the initial burst IPL was for everyone,but like in australia which has the most foreiners we haven't had it broadcast in 3/4 years.The Champions league and the last T20 world cup wasn't watched because it was footy season.
Its on an independent channel in England,the list goes on.
Its primarily only Indians watching it which is fine thats 1.2 billion for a domestic tournament.

Back to Chennai,the court has little legislative power to stop Srinivassan and Dhoni co owning Chennai.or the BCCI taking actions against cheating players,it can only recommend.
The title is deceptive,because their is no way Chennai and Rajistan will be sacked,The BCCI,Cements,and Chennai,Rajistan,Dhoni,and Srinisassan are too powerful.
So i don't know why we are debating this.

Daemon

brockley take a long hard look at yourself m8. diabolical post.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I'm surprised you guys have jumped the gun here. Nothing's happening to Csk. The Supreme Court saying this against Srinivasan means virtually nothing imo. The SC had also said a few months ago that Srinivasan had no business being the BCCI chief. We all know what happened. He not only held on to the post, he became the friggin ICC chairman. The courts are very very weak.