• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vale Phillip Hughes

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Heart-breaking to watch, and of course it must have been even more so to deliver. No idea how he managed it so soon after losing the lad.

Footprints in the sand guys, to paraphrase Adam Gilchrist's comment the other day..

U19 12th Man
Pup talks about him as a brother, but to some extent their relationship reads like a sort of father-son connection. Pup was nurturing him and prepping him to get the very best out of himself, on and off the pitch. Deadset mentor and pupil, passing the torch stuff. As I understand it, Boof was intent on having him reach a certain standard before he found his way into the side again. He knew the talent, and wanted him absolutely elite. Non-negotiable. Didn't want to drop him again. They all knew he was close, and believe you me he would've averaged 50+ at career's end. And few would have deserved it more. The all-round tragedy of it is just gut-wrenching. It still makes me feel sick.

Having likely spent the most time around him the most recently of most of the people there to honour him, and being a fellow professional cricketer who has been through the ringer and out the other side. And shared the very same dream. Pup knows in his fibres just how much fulfillment and joy was snapped away from this young kid, how much was just *right* there. Right ****ing there, about to unfold. He was ****ing watching it, and nurturing him through to reach it. As a young man who has lived the dream and done the work, he must feel cold and sick, and his guts must be churning every moment he thinks about it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I can get it from the tweet. That's really weird.

Athers always tweets his articles and I click on the link only to meet The Times paywall. I cry every time.

Spark

Global Moderator
The Oz has this thing where they drop the paywall if you access it from twitter, something to do with increasing exposure because no one actually reads their newspaper.

andmark

International Captain
Felt awful choosing a side for the Fantasy Cricket for the Aus vs Ind series, knowing we (me and the father) may have chosen Phil Hughes had things been different. Hope Australia demolish India.

GGG

State Captain
The Oz has this thing where they drop the paywall if you access it from twitter, something to do with increasing exposure because no one actually reads their newspaper.
My geekiness got the better of me, set your referrer to http://t.co/tygDR tygDR are just random letters, use firefox and get the refcontrol addon. Clicked a couple of dozen links and I never came across a paywall. Delete this message if it breaks any terms.