• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That one dogwalker posted is perfect I feel.

Something minimalistic would be nice, just Phillip Hughes and something along the lines of "the members of the CW community wish you all the best"? The CW logo and the URL should be tiny and in the corner imo, don't want to it to seem like we're making use of the opportunity to promote the forum which might leave a bad taste.

Burgey

Given the circumstances you would think CA would let you have an image for nix.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally just my opinion, something in English and more succinct would be appropriate. Would also drop the website url or have it smaller out of the way, obviously don't want others to claim credit but best to be minimalist on that front.

Picture is great though, just needs the right caption.

Burgey

Top two certainly typical Hughes, but holy **** that last pic is a thing of cricketing beauty.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
That text I stuck in is just a placeholder "language" used in design, it's not a real language. What should the banner say?

Those pics of him playing strokes don't really convert to vector well, his face gets lost.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That text I stuck in is just a placeholder "language" used in design, it's not a real language. What should the banner say?

Those pics of him playing strokes don't really convert to vector well, his face gets lost.
Apologies I thought you were trying to be over the top profound for a moment. If it was me i'd put, "Get well soon Hughesy, we don't want S.Darsh" then again i'm a tasteless hack. Someone will come up with something good no doubt.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, 'lorem ipsum' is nonsense Latin. Used as filler text because it approximates English grammar and word structure quite well, without having to bother with actually creating the content yet.

I'm 50/50 on that font, dogwalker. That somewhat compressed look of the typeface isn't something I've ever been too keen on, but at the same time it does suit the vector image.

What font is it, anyway? I can't say I recognise it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What about Interstate?

Personal favourite of mine. Sans-serif, clean, large family etc etc. No idea how it stands in terms of copyright, though.

Spikey

i think, despite sincere intentions, most of the references towards abbott are a bit tacky so we can definitely remove it. you know, no-one is sitting thinking abbott wanted this. thoughts being with abbott are implied, particularly if we were to replace the Abbott line with a "...and friends and family" line. you could, I suppose, also just put in small text his nickname of Sabba somewhere

Last edited:

Spikey

the vector or whatever thing makes it look a lot better too imo. good idea.