• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
Terrible news for Hughes' family, Abbot, and really anyone who knows or has played with the two cricketers. Even for fans like us.

Just an awful day for Australian Cricket, and really Cricket as a whole. Tragic incident with no one to blame.

Hope everyone can get the support they need through this tough time.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OH **** I just watched the studio in the Pakistan-NZ match announce the news. Just horrifying. Even when the injury happened, I just didn't allow the thought of him actually passing away even enter my mind. I just assumed he'd be fine eventually. Absolutely horrifying. Saddest I've ever felt about anything related to cricket.

RIP :(

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kismet. Much better than the life Schumacher and others are leading tbh. RIP

edit: or maybe not, I don't know, just trying to look at it through a different prism. It hurts.

edit2: it's hard trying to find a positive out of this. cbf working today.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe we should lock this thread down for a few days and then decide what we want to do. There is a stickied tribute thread for us all to pay our respects in.

viriya

International Captain
Devastating :cry:..

The worst cricket-related news of all-time probably..

I couldn't bowl a bouncer ever again if I were a fast bowler - how can you just act like it's not gonna happen again?

greg

International Debutant
Devastating :cry:..

The worst cricket-related news of all-time probably..

I couldn't bowl a bouncer ever again if I were a fast bowler - how can you just act like it's not gonna happen again?
The surgeon said that there were 100 recorded analagous cases in history (one in cricket). I think it has to be remembered that ultimately it was a freak (which makes it ever more tragic). So helmet design will ever evolve, but ironically as some have pointed out, the safer (but not foolproof) the helmet, the more batsmen will take risks. And I don't think you can force batsmen to wear the 'approved' helmet (or even a helmet at all eg. against spinners). And a freak accident like this is as likely to affect a close in fielder as it is a batsman.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was wondering if everyone is still up for a cw banner at Adelaide. The earlier banner with Forever 63 Not-Out maybe.