• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Change your avatar to Phil Hughes to show CW's support

angad

U19 12th Man
I suffer from anxiety and this tragic news has wrecked havoc on me. He was so young, very handsome, great personality and character. I am completely devastated.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
RIP Hughesy... From all accounts one of the most genuinely nice guys in the cricketing circuit.. Nice guys are taken away from us way way too early :( Wish and Pray that his family and friends find the strength to cope with this.. Wish Sean Abbott the best too and hope he can recover from this shock... And wish all the players and others involved and affected the strength to cope and deal with such a loss..

Back in school, when we were playing a fun game with multiple matches happening n the same ground, there was one match where they were using an actual cricket ball.. Rest of us were playing with the hard tennis balls.. And my friend who was fielding midwicket in our game happened to be where forward short leg would have been in the cricket ball game and got hit flush round about the same area Hughes was hit.. He was in pain and we gave some ice and thankfully he was better and was actually able to play the rest of our game.. But incidents like this make me feel how a matter of millimeters can make or break a life :( ONe of the most tragic days in cricket history :(