• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

howardj

International Coach
Us fine Queensland folk deserve a better stadium

Anyway, it's the first Test that I will be attending as a Gabba Member

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not many marginal seats in Qld are there? Unlikely you'll get one if there aren't.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Poor Phil Hughes has been hospitalised by a bouncer…hope he makes full recovery

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But in trying to push along his score, Hughes attempted a hook at the fast medium of Sean Abbott about 2.23pm, and was hit in the side of his helmeted head, a blow that drew blood.

For a few moments he stood, bent over head down and reeling from the impact before collapsing, face first, onto the pitch - a second hefty blow to the head in itself. Distressed players gesticulated for assistance and team medical staff were quickly out onto the field, where Hughes was tended to before a motorised stretcher carried him, still motionless, from the ground.
Sounds terrible. Hope he recovers.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
**** me, imagine how the bowler is feeling. Fast bowlers may talk about wanting to hurt batsmen, but no-one ever wants this.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder what is going through Abbott's head. I could imagine being reluctant to ever bowl a bouncer again. Such a weird thing, perspective.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Back on the Test stuff, to me think that this might be the time where they've taken it out of Clarke's hands; may well have been in his hands the last two times he's re-done it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having Clarke score one less double hundred against us on a tour down under would be nice.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When it's a recurring injury like this, there's probably a point where the decision should be taken completely out of the person's hands.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Is Ojha a really rubbish keeper? Otherwise you'd have thought he get the chance instead of Saha given his a form against Australia a in Australia. I know that series was played out of season probably on slower than normal wickets (and plenty of runs were scored) but you can't do much more than Ojha did.

Not like Saha is the young option either being only a year younger than Ojha. Still, whatever.

anil1405

International Captain
On pure keeping abilities Saha is way better than Ojha, not that Ojha is bad but he is not great either. Personally wouldn't pick him as a keeper in tests certainly not down under.