• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Usually I'd be spitting chips at Raina playing but if Rahul played those shots not due to team instructions but because he's just a dumb ****, well...
He'll be coming in for Dhawan though, and Rahul will just open

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant Sharma as Vice Captain, Raina back in the Test side...what a time to be alive.

I wonder if Karn Sharma will get a second test too. How awesome would that be.
Can't wait for the legendary spin quartet of Raina, Vijay, Karn Sharma and Akshar Patel to someday take the field

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Newly retired MS Dhoni continued to be with the side, and bowled quite enthusiastically in the nets. Wriddhiman Saha's right thumb was heavily strapped, but he kept wicket and batted without much discomfort. All things being similar Saha will add to his three Test caps in two days' time, but in the unlikely scenario of his missing out, Dhoni will have to come out of retirement.

Yesss.
Got that'd be ****ing hilarious.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rohit's got to come back in that case surely. The last thing this Indian team needs is a ton from Raina in a dead rubber with no Mitch to expose his biggest weakness, leading to him being picked above Rohit in the future.

He'll probably be embarassed by Harris anyway though.
If the only bowler in Australia able to expose his weakness is Mitch then I'm okay with Raina playing for India going forward...

If Raina got runs in Sydney if he played, even without Mitch, it immediately means he's accomplished more than Rohit and showed more application. He won't, because he's ****. But if he did gotta give it the kudos.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If Saha is not 100% right now with his thumb, who is to say he will last all 5 days? I would be far more comfortable having Dhoni keep. Too late to fly down some one from India now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man.. this tour gets stranger and stranger by the day... Announces retirement, tributes for the next 3 or 4 days, then just puts his kit back on and plays the next test :p

ajdude

International Coach
Newly retired MS Dhoni continued to be with the side, and bowled quite enthusiastically in the nets. Wriddhiman Saha's right thumb was heavily strapped, but he kept wicket and batted without much discomfort. All things being similar Saha will add to his three Test caps in two days' time, but in the unlikely scenario of his missing out, Dhoni will have to come out of retirement.

Yesss.
they obviously don't rate Naman Ojha's keeping then

anil1405

International Captain
Man.. this tour gets stranger and stranger by the day... Announces retirement, tributes for the next 3 or 4 days, then just puts his kit back on and plays the next test :p
It would be like breaking Afridi's (or for that matter anyone else) comeback record. Indian's will lose the right to ridicule Afridi and co. if Dhoni returns for the final test.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Another generational change on the cards has snuck up on us almost (ok probably not) after Australia have had one recently. Not like 2 or 3, could be 4 ,5 or 6 [Rogers,Watson,Clarke,Haddin,Johnson,Harris] ; quite amazing when you think about it. Hope Pattinson, Hazlewood and Cummins stay injury free in the long run. Batting is probably the concern for the Aussies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Its clearly just a conveníant injury.

Anyway. I hope Burns plays and scores some runs. Otherwise it Will be time to start another wheel of mediocrity

Blocky

Banned
Its clearly just a conveníant injury.

Anyway. I hope Burns plays and scores some runs. Otherwise it Will be time to start another wheel of mediocrity
He's possibly too old now, but I've never understood why D Hussey never got a test match.

Spark

Global Moderator
No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Another generational change on the cards has snuck up on us almost (ok probably not) after Australia have had one recently. Not like 2 or 3, could be 4 ,5 or 6 [Rogers,Watson,Clarke,Haddin,Johnson,Harris] ; quite amazing when you think about it. Hope Pattinson, Hazlewood and Cummins stay injury free in the long run. Batting is probably the concern for the Aussies.
Clarke is making a lot of "I want to play for a few more years" noises, although obviously that may not be remotely practical.