• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Getting a bit sick of sledging helps 'wake up' some players. I'd like to think that playing for your country is enough reason to be awake

Debris

International 12th Man
Looks like whoever becomes a commentator gets afflicted with the curse of early declarations.
Chappelli at least made challenging declarations as a captain. It is particularly ironic when Bill "700 in front" Lawry pushes for the early declaration.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
it's incredibly selfish bordering on arrogant. Players of that nature are basically saying " Until I'm personally stimulated I just don't care enough"
Yes well but how many times in our lives do we take things for granted? Quite a few I'm sure. What you say is right, and I'm also sure the players are proud to play for their country but sometimes concentration may meander a bit and being sledged can switch you on and help you focus a bit because there is an extra personal factor in it.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Yes well but how many times in our lives do we take things for granted? Quite a few I'm sure. What you say is right, and I'm also sure the players are proud to play for their country but sometimes concentration may meander a bit and being sledged can switch you on and help you focus a bit because there is an extra personal factor in it.
I can certainly understand it when international grade are playing state cricket or lower. It pains me that some players would take test cricket for granted when there are other players sitting on the bench just hankering for a crack. But yes, I see your point and realise that it's a reality........sigh