• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so it seems whenever some guy justifies sledging, they mention "but dont make it personal", which to me seems impossible, but anyway, is being called a spoiled brat personal abuse? if so does that mean all rules are off and Kohli can do whatever he wants in return? and what's peter siddle doing at the ground anyway?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What does that have to do with anything?

This guy is such a knob. Again, sounds like a slighted teenage girl talking about her ex bf. "blah blah blah I don't care what he does exclept now I'm going to spend the next 5 mins talking about it".

It's not confidence or arrogance or ****iness. It's insecurity and false bravado. Absolute baby.
Nah, with Kohli it's not "I don't care" but rather "I don't mind, and sledging fires me up to perform better"....fine to speak 5 minutes on that

Your parallel is laughable.

so it seems whenever some guy justifies sledging, they mention "but dont make it personal", which to me seems impossible, but anyway, is being called a spoiled brat personal abuse? if so does that mean all rules are off and Kohli can do whatever he wants in return? and what's peter siddle doing at the ground anyway?
Where does he say 'but don't make it personal'? He makes it perfectly clear that he doesn't have a problem with sledging, and sledging makes him perform better. The only thing he clearly has a problem with is Johnson throwing the ball at him.

..can't wait to watch Kohli field when Johnson bats today btw :p

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, with Kohli it's not "I don't care" but rather "I don't mind, and sledging fires me up to perform better"....fine to speak 5 minutes on that

Your parallel is laughable.

Where does he say 'but don't make it personal'? He makes it perfectly clear that he doesn't have a problem with sledging, and sledging makes him perform better. The only thing he clearly has a problem with is Johnson throwing the ball at him.

..can't wait to watch Kohli field when Johnson bats today btw :p
Why would you think Johnson will get a hit?

the big bambino

International Captain
yeah.. not like Indians will never get a ball in their hands when Aussies bat 8-)
Shami had a ping at Smith didn't he? Did Kohli mention that? Look Kohli made an issue of sledging when his side was down and made it both a virtue and a distinction with Australia. Did he give a presser after his Brisbane failures? Looks like he failed his own test of machismo doesn't it? See - the problem is the hypocrisy not the sledging.

As an aside, thought there was nothing wrong with what Mitch did there.. Kohli was out of his crease and it looked like pretty much the only way they could get him out and he was obviously throwing at the stumps.. Virat just wants to pick a fight coz I guess it makes him do better..

India have lost another promising position here but it is just happening so often now that I have kinda made my peace that we will be a side with some awesome batting displays but consistently woeful bowling efforts and hence we might draw a game or two on tours but we will get beaten most often and that just sucks... We just do not produce bowlers who can take wickets, period... If dustbowls are the only way we can ever take 20 wickets, we might as well just be a batting attraction kinda side who might come off for say 5 out of 10 innings..

I do have a whole heap of respect for some of the better Indian batsmen of the past 15 years though.. To see our bowlers serve up tripe that they know they can score 100s off one handed, and then to come out and try to clean up their mess and more often than not chase huuuuuuge first innings scores makes them go up a number of notches in my estimation.
I maybe alone in rating India's bowlers but in truth they only need their bats to go large in their 1st innings. India's attack is good on deteriorating pitches and they'll have their opportunity here. A big obstacle for India's bowlers is their mismanagement imo.

Its because one has been happening for decades and the other is relatively new.. The older one is the bigger problem though.
Hmmm. Look I think that's creating a distinction just to make a justification and I'm not convinced by either.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow at this tail. The Indian bowlers suck so much overseas that the results overseas would be way better with 11 recognized batsmen who just bowled part time on the side. At least there might be a few draws then.

smash84

The Tiger King
Aus not in a bad position with a lead of 65. With the way they have been playing this series a lead of 400 by day end today is on the cards