• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Patto would be great but in not sure if he's fit, though he's been with the squad apparently. Maybe Cummins.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they go 3-0 up here, play Patto, Cummins and Haze for the fangasms. It's not likely we would ever see it again, so they may as well.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
If they go 3-0 up here, play Patto, Cummins and Haze for the fangasms. It's not likely we would ever see it again, so they may as well.
We might as well play Smith, Haddin and 9 bowlers. The tail always gets runs anyway.

Last edited:

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Patto is barely bowling in grade cricket isnt he?
I was thinking Patto or Cummins but it's hard to know where they're at with their respective campaigns because of injury/form

How about someone out of left field since it would only be one match...Sean Abbott. He recently took 6/14 in 7 overs - strike while the iron's hot?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Clearly the most frustrating thing is that Both Watson and Haddin notched up half tons. Proving neither that they are Back in form nor greasing the massive axe that hangs over their head. Classic Watson.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clearly the most frustrating thing is that Both Watson and Haddin notched up half tons. Proving neither that they are Back in form nor greasing the massive axe that hangs over their head. Classic Watson.
haddin's half ton was genuinely useful in seizing the initiative and also about as much as it's fair to expect though, whereas watson's really was neither here nor tere

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Not knocking Haddin as much but it would be have Been great if he pumped out a big innings Rather than looking completely lost at sea for half of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pretty pissweak stuff from kohli actually. He's just trying to get the last word from the brissie sledging of Mitch but we all know who won that. So who cares. Reckon oz should just ping him whenever he's out of the crease from now on.

yeah.. not like Indians will never get a ball in their hands when Aussies bat 8-)

Guess Kohli did good here... seems to rattle a few at CW.. hopefully a couple in the Aussie side are like dat too..

As an aside, thought there was nothing wrong with what Mitch did there.. Kohli was out of his crease and it looked like pretty much the only way they could get him out and he was obviously throwing at the stumps.. Virat just wants to pick a fight coz I guess it makes him do better..

India have lost another promising position here but it is just happening so often now that I have kinda made my peace that we will be a side with some awesome batting displays but consistently woeful bowling efforts and hence we might draw a game or two on tours but we will get beaten most often and that just sucks... We just do not produce bowlers who can take wickets, period... If dustbowls are the only way we can ever take 20 wickets, we might as well just be a batting attraction kinda side who might come off for say 5 out of 10 innings..

I do have a whole heap of respect for some of the better Indian batsmen of the past 15 years though.. To see our bowlers serve up tripe that they know they can score 100s off one handed, and then to come out and try to clean up their mess and more often than not chase huuuuuuge first innings scores makes them go up a number of notches in my estimation.

And on another note, I genuinely get the feeling that both Mitch and Kohli are good passionate guys who just let their emotions get the better of them today. For some weird reason, I think if you met them away from all this, they will come across as very genuine, normal people. I think it was a very earnest apology from Mitch after that throw and Virat perhaps just felt like a young man insulted in front of his girlfriend (which was true, probably, given that Anushka was at the ground watching :p ) and tried to give it back to him and show some machismo..

I do worry when Virat and Steve Smith are leading their sides in a test match though.. Fair chance it will end up in fisticuffs...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Wattos is the same old bull****. Just enough to keep his place on the Back of 'such a promising talent' Claims

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That Lyon dropped chance is so bad.

Kohli can say whatever be wants in the pressers but seemed kind of dumb to accuse Australia of not learning from their lessons

Think it was hypocritical more than dumb, tbh.. I think Aussies are guilty of it too but India are just waaaaaaaay ahead of them in that game :)

Gob

International Coach
Cummo looks in great shape in the bbl (like how he runs in on a much straighter line than he used to which should help his out swinger) but he hasn't played any first class games for ages.may be they can use him in super short bursts like they use johnson but I don't see him in the test plans atleast till the ashes specially with the world cup around

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Got run out jumping out of the way of one, then got done for obstructing the field by hitting it away while he was out of his crease. In the same series.

WAG.

Actually the first one was against England and the next one was the very next series against India.. there s a gold post match presentation interview with Rameez that you guys should definitely you tube..