• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Teja.

Global Moderator
My opinion is that it's no secret that Kohli is a dick but in a world where you have seasoned calm pressmen like Ravi Ashwin or the extremely dour like Cook, it's sort pf nice and refreshing to see Kohli come out and say what, he - as an arrogant, brilliant and passionate player, after scoring an amazing 169 - is on his mind. It might be hot headed, rude or immature but he's saying what he feels. These guys are not ****ing PR reps, they're sportsmen and I think we should encourage people to speak their mind and make the game that much more colourful.

If Kohli after copping one on his body, getting hit in the head and falling in the first test, having several words with him, hitting three fours in a row and three centuries in three tests should have a readymade, typewritten script from Rahul Dravid where he says Mitchell Johnson is an awesome bowler, we were just taking it one ball at a time, all credit to Dhonibhai for giving the youngsters confidence and we look forward to tomorrow and that would make you all happy, I don't know what to say. It's time press conferences stopped being the cluster**** of diplomatic bull**** that is predominant in these times and players actually let the world know what exactly they're feeling after a physically exhausting and emotionally grueling day of test cricket.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't have a problem with what Kohli said (so long as they don't lose!) but this culture crap makes no sense at all when Kohli, Dhawan etc etc are more than happy to initiate verbal stoushes as much as Warner etc. There are no moral high grounds here, and it's ludicrous to claim one.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
my opinion is that it's no secret that kohli is a dick but in a world where you have seasoned calm pressmen like ravi ashwin or the extremely dour like cook, it's sort pf nice and refreshing to see kohli come out and say what, he - as an arrogant, brilliant and passionate player, after scoring an amazing 169 - is on his mind. It might be hot headed, rude or immature but he's saying what he feels. These guys are not ****ing pr reps, they're sportsmen and i think we should encourage people to speak their mind and make the game that much more colourful.

If kohli after copping one on his body, getting hit in the head and falling in the first test, having several words with him, hitting three fours in a row and three centuries in three tests should have a readymade, typewritten script from rahul dravid where he says mitchell johnson is an awesome bowler, we were just taking it one ball at a time, all credit to dhonibhai for giving the youngsters confidence and we look forward to tomorrow and that would make you all happy, i don't know what to say. It's time press conferences stopped being the cluster**** of diplomatic bull**** that is predominant in these times and players actually let the world know what exactly they're feeling after a physically exhausting and emotionally grueling day of test cricket.
awta.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is weird too. There are a lot of weird posts in this thread.
meh i just think that he'll look pretty thick if he talks about how we can't take it and lose our cool etc etc etc and we bowl them out on the fifth day, because you can guarantee they'll get sledged like **** on day 5. remember faf getting barked at?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Also, it must be said, Johnson is a ****ing champion. Kept coming back and bowling incredibly after being hit on balls that had no right to be hit. He was very fired up today and the fielders should be ashamed for letting him down.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Watching that Kohli presser was painful. Sounds like an ex gf the way he says "I'm not bothered..."

It's absolutely fine to take the Aussies on and there's nothing wrong with talking crap in a press conference but you have to understand it makes you look like a baby, even after you've dominated the bowlers on the field.
No it doesn't.

I particularly liked his point about Australia not being competitive during their last series in India and forgetting to sledge during those 4 tests. :D He also makes a point about how India is more competitive here than Australia during their tour.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
meh i just think that he'll look pretty thick if he talks about how we can't take it and lose our cool etc etc etc and we bowl them out on the fifth day, because you can guarantee they'll get sledged like **** on day 5. remember faf getting barked at?
God, wish I could forget it.

Spark

Global Moderator
No it doesn't.

I particularly liked his point about Australia not being competitive during their last series in India and forgetting to sledge during those 4 tests. :D He also makes a point about how India is more competitive here than Australia during their tour.
........i don't remember him saying this at all

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Eh, let Kohli say what he has to say. We're 2-0 up in the series, comments or sledges from the India team (and if they're comments like Kohli's which are not too offensive then they're entitled to do so) are most bemusing than pissweak. Yeah, it's annoying, but it can set the stage for some epic ripostes later in this match and possibly the next game too.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
No it doesn't.

I recall there being quite some heat during the Firoz Shah Kotla test.

Spark

Global Moderator
And besides which, the time when it was on for young and old was the one time we actually really looked like getting the **** out, so

cnerd123

likes this
I think it's a bit rich for us to be saying sledging isn't part of the routine here when it's clear to see that Rohit, Dhawan, Ishant, Rohit, Kohli run their mouths pretty often. Pretending this rubbish from them is only being brought out by the Aussies is nonsense. They've shown that they're dicks on the field before as well. The problem isn't that they're bad at sledging (have no idea what that even means), the problem is that, apart from Kohli, they can't back it up with performances on the field.
Ishant was very mild mannered when he started his career. This is definitely something he has picked up recently, and comes off as very forced. Same for Varun Aaron.
Also you mentioned Rohit twice.

Rohit, Dhawan, Jadeja, Virat have all known to be very hot headed. But them initiating verbals is something new. They have always been over the top in their celebrations, and can get carried away in the heat of the moment, act like dicks on the field...but sledging as a routine is something they have adopted recently. Feels like a deliberate strategy; whether by the whole team or by the players themselves, IDK.

Spark

Global Moderator
When he comes up against a team that does stay calm, unlike Australia, Kohli said he can still make do. "You always have a few who can't keep calm in every team. So I have my targets," Kohli said with a cheeky grin.
so, y'know