• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

howardj

International Coach
Quick question...

How does Dohni rule himself out of the Gabba Test so far out (at least three weeks ago) but declare with certainty that he will play in Adelaide which is only four days later

Does he have a prior committment (conspiracy theory 1) or...wait for it...does he lack the ticker to front at Fortress Gabba...where the ball is around your nostrils and the natives are feral

howardj

International Coach
Hazlewood definitely in

Siddle or Lyon to carry the drinks

Leaning toward the latter at this point

#gabbagreentop

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hazlewood definitely in

Siddle or Lyon to carry the drinks

Leaning toward the latter at this point

#gabbagreentop
That would leave a pace attack of:

Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Hazelwood
MMarsh
Watson.

Reckon Siddle will miss, or Hazelwood. Lyon will play in a first test of the domestic summer. A stunning selection

uvelocity

International Coach
having marsh in there helps haze as well. with all that bowling no need for a bloke whos contribution is to run in all day

and bowl 125kph pies

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That would leave a pace attack of:

Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Hazelwood
MMarsh
Watson.

Reckon Siddle will miss, or Hazelwood. Lyon will play in a first test of the domestic summer. A stunning selection
Hasn't he every year since debut?

Burgey

They usually stuff him around at the beginning of a series and play someone like Agar or some other numpty, don't really say what he's done wrong, then pick him again when the replacement gets 0/100.

howardj

International Coach
If we're to roll the dice again on a leather twirler, can it please be a leggie (i.e. fellow Queenslander Cam Boyce or Adam Zamper)

Rather than another unproven offie to follow Agar, Maxwell, Doherty, Beer etc.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i havent checked any stats to back this up but from memory since clarke has taken over we seem to pretty much have always played a spinner

lyon will play and im pretty confident we will see haze over siddle, though siddle's 5fa the other day makes it interesting

ajdude

International Coach
i havent checked any stats to back this up but from memory since clarke has taken over we seem to pretty much have always played a spinner

lyon will play and im pretty confident we will see haze over siddle, though siddle's 5fa the other day makes it interesting
perth v india in 2011 we played siddle, hilf, harris and starc from memory. but yeah other than that i don't think there's been any other times

Daemon

Decent start against the CA XI. If Turner picks up a 5-fer and scores a few runs Lyon will probably be shafted again.

anil1405

International Captain
**** I hope that Dhawan **** leaves here battered, bruised and broken.

Rahane and Kohli to score decent runs, Pujara too. Looking forward to seeing them play.
I hope so too...Its frustrating to see him give what looks like his 50% to the team. He is too lazy at times. I hope someone shake him up and make him a better player or he can **** off and give way to another player.

Daemon

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that he's lazy. That he's a monumental ****wit it well known, but I don't think I've read or heard anything about his commitment before.

anil1405

International Captain
There is this sense of laziness in his style of play, similar to that of Sehwag's. But Sehwag was much more effective and when I look at Dhawan it gives me an impression that this guy can offer more to the country than what he is doing now. Maybe that lazy elegance is allowed when you perform as good as Sehwag but when you are not as good, it often frustrates us to see him bat or get out the way he does.

adub

International Captain
Mark Waugh used to cop the same complaint. Some guys just look like they're doing it easy no matter how hard they knuckle down.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
**** I hope that Dhawan **** leaves here battered, bruised and broken.

Rahane and Kohli to score decent runs, Pujara too. Looking forward to seeing them play.
I remember you used to have the same animosity towards Gambhir. Some thing about left handed Delhi openers.