• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Auction Draft

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Thanks for letting me complete my team:

Hashim Amla
Tilekeratne Dilshan
Virat Kohli
Javed Miandad
Mohammad Azharuddin
Yuvraj Singh (5)
Kapil Dev * (3)
Moin Khan +
Jeff Thompson (2)
Bob Willis (1)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

And the way I've described them:
Solid opener
Explosive opener
Fiery one-down
Gutsy chaser
Silky middle order
Quick hitter
Legendary all-rounder
Chirpy wicketkeeper
Quick gun
Accurate gun
Legendary off-spinner

I back my team to be excellent at chasing

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
From every World Cup, I tried to make a first XI with 4 players from winning side, 3 players from runner-up and 2 players each from 2 semi-finalists. Then I took a 12th man from a side that didn't reach semi (and SA had some of these 12th men too). So, that makes 12*10=120.

In terms of planned ordering,
1. 12th man from 1975 WC
2. 12th man from 1979 WC
and so on.........
10. 12th man from 2011 WC
11-14. 2 players each from 2 semifinalists of 1975
15-18. 2 players each from 2 semifinalists of 1979
and so on..................
47-50. 2 players each from 2 semifinalists of 2011
51-53. 3 players from the 1975 runner-up
54-56. 3 players from the 1979 runner-up
and so on.................
78-80. 3 players from the 2011 runner-up
81-84. 4 players from 1975 champion
85-88. 4 players from 1979 champion
and so on........
117-120. 4 players from 2011 champion

Thought someone could pick up the ordering midway through the game

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Anyway, Thanks for conducting the draft, weldone. Apologies to all those I may have pissed off with the last min bids.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
My XI:-

01. Sourav Ganguly.
02. Sanath Jayasuriya. [6]
03. Vivian Richards.
04. Inzamam-Ul-Haq.
05. Michael Hussey.
06. MS Dhoni. [C] [+]
07. Chris Cairns. [4]
08. Saqlain Mushtaq. [5]
09. Shane Bond. [3]
10. Joel Garner. [2]
11. Glenn McGrath. [1]

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Guys, I was thinking of a draft regarding the upcoming worldcup. Ten or twelve participants would draft the players who are taking part in the upcoming world cup and the result would be decided by who has the most points. The points would be calculated based on how many points each player accumulates at the end of the world cup. What say?

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Guys, I was thinking of a draft regarding the upcoming worldcup. Ten or twelve participants would draft the players who are taking part in the upcoming world cup and the result would be decided by who has the most points. The points would be calculated based on how many points each player accumulates at the end of the world cup. What say?
Sounds like a good idea - are we finishing this one soon ?

kingkallis

International Coach
Wait up! I have a plan for this. Will post today.

kingkallis

International Coach
SK has such a strong team that we forgot to have a Poll for this :D It will still be interesting to see who actually wins this draft.