• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Auction Draft

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Come on guys, I have my list of 120 players ready and have the player order ready too. At least 110 of them have played at least one World Cup semifinal. Some people liked my test auction draft years ago; and there were a few who didn't enjoy it that much (mainly because they spent all their money way too early). I have rectified all the shortcomings of that approach, and this one is surely going to be far more interesting than that one.

We've got 9 drafters ready - need the last one before I ring the bell.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
My system will be ready in lets say 2-3 days so lets wait for 2-3 more drafters to make things interesting.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Kk, my draft is meant for 10 drafters only (it won't work with 11 or 12). I have a way of keeping track of time and budget. We can merge with your system after the first few rounds. :)

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Participants:
Saint Kopite
morgieb
ohnoitsyou
kingkallis
Red Hill
longranger
anil1405
Pothas
watson
bagapath

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weldone rings the bell indicating start of the draft. You can now bid on

1. Bishen Bedi (till GMT 0200 hrs 22-Nov)
2. Allan Border (till GMT 1100 hrs 22-Nov)
3. Dennis Lillee (till GMT 2000 hrs 22-Nov)

[Convert to your local time accordingly]

Happy Bidding!

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Kk, my draft is meant for 10 drafters only (it won't work with 11 or 12). I have a way of keeping track of time and budget. We can merge with your system after the first few rounds. :)
My system is flexible so there wont be an issue even if you add or remove 1-2 players.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
One precautionary health warning regarding multiple bidding - at any point if the sum total of all your outstanding bids on declared (but not finalized) players exceeds your balance then all those outstanding bids will be considered invalid.

Example: Drafter X has outstanding balance of 6 million. He places 3 bids of 2.52 mn each on 3 different players at the same time. None of the 3 bids will be considered valid. However, if he places bids of 2.52 mn, 2.52 mn and 0.96 mn respectively on the 3 players then they are perfectly valid bids.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well you weren't wrong when you said they might not all be the best 120 ODI players including Bedi in this draft.