• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict your countries XI in five years time (i.e World Cup 2019)

Blocky

Banned
As per thread title - predict what your ODI and Test sides will be in five years from now at the next world cup.

ODI:

Latham
Rutherford (resurgence in career)
Williamson (c)
Taylor
Neesham
Anderson
Watling (k)
Santner
Southee
Boult
Henry

12th: Mitchell

Test:

Latham
Bracewell (Michael)
Williamson (c)
Taylor
Mitchell
Neesham
Watling (k)
Santner
Southee
Wagner
Boult

12th: Wheeler.

Blocky

Banned
No Anderson in the Test side?
Nope. I'm going on the basis that Neesham is a better batsman outside of slogathon cricket and will eventually show himself to be the better option as a test all rounder. Admittedly Anderson has played better to date on the West Indies tour, especially with the ball.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nope. I'm going on the basis that Neesham is a better batsman outside of slogathon cricket and will eventually show himself to be the better option as a test all rounder. Admittedly Anderson has played better to date on the West Indies tour, especially with the ball.
I would have thought they'd aim to play both, especially if Neesham's bowling develops to make him a genuine third seamer as well as a handy #6 bat.

Blocky

Banned
I would have thought they'd aim to play both, especially if Neesham's bowling develops to make him a genuine third seamer as well as a handy #6 bat.
I don't see how they can, unless one really develops with the ball or they both become genuine batsmen.

Neesham has great raw tools to become a good bowler - height and pace, but he's erratic and I think ultimately will almost be like Greg Blewett - capable of 140kmh but just not good enough to trouble international players.

Anderson seems to be more developed as a bowler, but his issue will always be injuries, he's young but has already gone through serious back issues and other joint problems.

I think Mitchell will flank the both of them as a better option with the bat and won't give away too much with the ball either, but again, that's on the basis that I think Anderson will struggle at test level with the bat in the next few years.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Latham
2. Weerasundara/Opener-of-the-Moment
3. Williamson *
4. Taylor
5. Watling +
6. Neesham
7. Anderson
8. Santner
9. Southee
10. Henry
11. Boult

#EngineRoom

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
1. Latham
2. No idea
3. KW
4.Taylor
5. Anderson
6. Neesham
7. Watling
8. Southee
9. Boult
10. Henry
11. Milne.

6 pace bowlers hell yeah.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tests:

Dhawan
Zol
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
R.Sharma
N.Ojha
Rasool
Bhuv
I.Sharma
Yadav

Rahul, I.Pandey, P.Ojha, Jadeja might be around I guess

Really hard to guess the new batsmen that will come in, you could fill an entire XI of batsmen that look like they have tons of potential.

morgieb

Warner
Silk
Burns
Smith
Doran
Marsh
Whiteman
Pattinson
Cummins
Boyce
Hazlewood

Because I like to live life dangerously.

morgieb

Tests:

Dhawan
Zol
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
R.Sharma
N.Ojha
Rasool
Bhuv
I.Sharma
Yadav

Rahul, I.Pandey, P.Ojha, Jadeja might be around I guess

Really hard to guess the new batsmen that will come in, you could fill an entire XI of batsmen that look like they have tons of potential.
Isn't Ojha over 30?

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
TEST:-

01. Shikhar Dhawan.
02. Lokesh Rahul.
03. Cheteshwar Pujara.
04. Virat Kohli. (*)
05. Ajinkya Rahane.
06. Rohit Sharma.
07. Sanju Samson. (+)
08. Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
09. Ishant Sharma.
10. Pragyan Ojha.
11. Mohammed Shami.

ODI:-

01. Shikhar Dhawan.
02. Rohit Sharma.
03. Virat Kohli. (*)
04. Ajinkya Rahane.
05. Robin Uthappa.
06. Sanju Samson. (+)
07. Ravindra Jadeja.
08. Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
09. Umesh Yadav.
10. Pragyan Ojha.
11. Mohammed Shami.

Blocky

Banned
It's interesting that you've both got Sharma in your squads - I thought the sentiment in India was that he owed his career to Dhoni? Me personally, I think he's still highly talented and has a lot of potential, he should focus on "What do I need to do to make us successful overseas" because his bowling action really suits NZ and England and could be tuned to South Africa and Australia.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Ishant is actually quite good for test matches. He was our best bowler in the last two test series. Issue with him is his performances in limited overs cricket. He tries to do too much and ends up bowling a lot of poor balls which get hammered. He is ideal for test matches. Umesh and Aaron need to prove their fitness before I think they can be considered genuine contenders for the test squad.

Daemon

It's interesting that you've both got Sharma in your squads - I thought the sentiment in India was that he owed his career to Dhoni? Me personally, I think he's still highly talented and has a lot of potential, he should focus on "What do I need to do to make us successful overseas" because his bowling action really suits NZ and England and could be tuned to South Africa and Australia.
He's bowled an inexcusable amount of rubbish over the years, but sadly I think he's still very much in the best 3 fast bowlers in our country atm.

Blocky

Banned
He's bowled an inexcusable amount of rubbish over the years, but sadly I think he's still very much in the best 3 fast bowlers in our country atm.
I rate the guy, I've seen him bowl some brilliant spells - admittedly I've seen him bowl some rubbish spells too. I think the trap for him has been not adapting early enough to the length and line he needs to bowl in various conditions, but he was lethal against us and we'd played the Windies bowlers relatively easily at that point.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner

Doran

Maxwell
Smith *
M.Marsh
Whiteman

Cummins