• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Domestic Cricket 2014/15

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So four rounds have gone and now the PCL is on a break until Febuary6th.

Guyana lead the table and tbh they deserve it having bowled and batted well apart from one ridiculous collapse when they lost to Barbados despite only chasing 69 runs (smh) . In the competition thus far most of the better players missing either through "personal reasons" ala Darren Bravo,Kieran Powell,Kirk Edwards, Rampaul or they are with the national team in South Africa. Therefore the comp has been made up of talented youngsters and some regular first class players. This combination has seen scores be inconsistent but in this last round it seemed to be improving.

Pooran finally started some games and looks pretty decent...when you see the fearless way he bats he really does remind me of a young Gilcrist. It's a big call and of course he'll have to work hard and really stay focused to get anywhere near that level.

Beaton continues to look very decent too..Guyana is a side boasting two spinners in Bishoo and Permaul, the latter is the competitions top wicket taker with over 30 wickets already...so Beaton hasn't had loads of overs to bowl but he's still done well and looked dangerous.

Vishual Singh also scored a brilliant 140 for Guyana in the last match...he's often struggled to get in the side with Chanderpaul, Deonarine, Fudadin and Johnson infront of him but since three of those have departed he's come in and really this was his breakthrough innings...the commentators claim he looked a class above so hopefully that continues.

Meanwhile Mindley...the young jamaican bowler has really done well in his debut season.

All in all it's been ok and with the season extended and players now being full pro's i think we'll see the benefits of this within the next few years.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Why the **** is West Indian cricket so spin-friendly?
The pitches...we don't have the best groundsmen around so it makes the tracks unpredictable. On a couple of occasions when we have a fair battle between bat and ball the spinners don't really dominate as much...plus the best pacers aren't playing which is why the spinners are getting all the glory.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Was at the TT vs Jamaica 50 over game.

All very good fun. Small crowd but all in the same area so loud and a fantastic atmosphere.

I dont know why I was surprised but I was, Dwayne Bravo is far quicker than Ravi Rampaul. Rampaul barely looked a cricketer.

I had no idea that it is a ting for ladies to get dressed as if for a night out when going to Sunday evening cricket. A nice addition and something I am not used to seeing at Headingley.

Last edited:

javaperth

Banned
:D

Westindies board so poor they should Sponcer overseas team each year to improve cricket in w.i., at present I am watching domestic matches in over ESPN, their groundsmen not either doing good job
Or they are poor, its a trash cricket all over, a team 79 for 0 all out for 97 ,is it matting wicket or what , I not even see 50 people turn to see 100 over game, why you webcast over ESPN, cricket standard so low,

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure. It was only one game but he looked out of shape and lacking energy. Perhaps he is coming back from injury or carrying a niggle.
From memory he has Been injured a few times...and he clearly doesnt stick to the athletes diet. Im sure WW knows more.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So the List A tournament finished with T & T thrashing Guyana. It was an absolute farce of a tournament tbh with many of the preliminary matches being rained off and almost all the pitches being terrible for batting.

The QPO pitch for the quarter-finals onwards was an absolute disgrace. The highest score can't have been too much above 200 as the likes of Permaul, Bishoo and Anthony Martin turned it square (you know it's a dreadful pitch when Martin gets one off the straight). When Sunil Narine got to perform on it the outcome was inevitable. 6/9, good night, thanks for coming.

How are young batsman supposed to develop when consistently playing on these surfaces? Watching the final got me thinking. How would AB and Amla have developed playing their formative cricket on pitches like that? Would the have learned to construct innings so well when the pitch literally won't allow them to stay at the crease long enough to do that? How would their attacking shot selection have developed if they played on pitches where you can't even hit through the line?

How on earth are we going to produce test class batsmen if they play on pitches like that? It's why you can't select our batsmen based on stats entirely because if you're averaging 35 over a 2 year period you're playing ridiculously well. They need to look at technique and talent and get them into the HPC and A team structure ASAP.

It's no accident that the best player we've produced in the last 2 years or so is Kraigg Braithwaite who plays in Barbados which has some of the better pitches in the Caribbean.

Something has to be done about these pitches pronto, before it's too late.

Heena16

Banned

West indies cricket final score looks poor just like their board.
Can you belive team were 65 all out in final.sunil N. Took 6 for 9

Heena16

Banned
I
West indies cricket final score looks poor just like their board.
Can you belive team were 65 all out in final.sunil N. Took 6 for 9

Heena16

Banned

I may wrong in my comments , Bombay spinner p.shivalkar took 15 wkts.for 37 runs plus he send 37 overs in the Final plus last match of his career.poor shiva , never played for india .

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
At the Queens Park Oval just checking out some club cricket.

I like this seating. Nice idea, poor execution.