• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's World Cup Team + WHERE'S CLINT MCKAY

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
Anyone else prepared to run with the idea that there's a coincidence between Lyon playing ODI cricket and bowling poorly in Tests?
hahaha, hopefully not. hope he does well, seems like a genuinely nice bloke. He bowled a lot flatter and reverted to older failed methods vs Pak as Warnie pointed out. But i think dohertys rubbish and boyce has list ave >60

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
For comparison:

Team One:

1. Warner
  2. Finch
  3. Watson (6)
  4. Clarke *
  5. Bailey
  6. Maxwell/Marsh (5)
  7. Haddin +
  8. Faulkner (3)
  9. Johnson (1)
  10. Starc (2)
  11. Lyon/Quick of Choice (4)
Team Two:

1. Warner
  2. Watson (6)
  3. Smith (7)
  4. Clarke *
  5. Bailey
  6. Maxwell/Marsh (5)
  7. Haddin +
  8. Faulkner (3)
  9. Johnson (1)
  10. Starc (2)
  11. Lyon/Quick of Choice (4)

Yeah, Team 2 every time imo. Much better balance.
agreed. Actually i like that side, Maxwell or Mitch Marsh at 6 ( I take back that hes overrated)

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
i keep forgetting they're probably gonna pick The Big Red Monster, KANE
Kane's good, but i think Hazlewoods better, and I think NCN"s better than both of them. Cutting would lose out due to his erratic bowling. I also rate Sandhu, keeps it very tight plus keeps picking wickets.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Last edited:

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
PAK

1. Shehzad
2. Hafeez
3. Younis (yes I know he's a **** odi player but his current form, solidity and experience warrants a spot)
4. U. Akmal
5. Misbah (c)
6. Fawad
7. Maqsood
8. Afridi
9. Irfan
10. Junaid
11. Wahab Riaz

once again no frontline spinner, have enough spin with hafeez afridi fawad. afridi has to come in at 8 as he only bats for himself - too erratic. no crap bowlers like talha asad ali tanvir needed.

12. Zulfiqar
13. Haris Sohail
13. Y Shah
14. Sarfraz

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
WI

1. Gayle
2. Simmons
3. Darren Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Ramdin (wk)
6. Dwayne Bravo (c)
7. Pollard
8. Russell
9. Taylor
10. Narine
11. Roach

12. Benn
13. Holder
14. Dwayne Smith
15. Sammy

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
NZ

1. Guptill
2. Ryder (if not drunk)
3. Williamson
4. Taylor
5. B. McCullum (c)
6. C. Anderson
7. Ronchi (wk)
8. Vettori
9. Southee
10. Mills
11. McClenaghan

12. Boult
13. Neesham
14. Henry
15. Latham

Shakib

Cricket Spectator
ZIM

1. Sibanda
2. Raza
3. H.Masakadza
4.Taylor (c)
5. Williams
6. Vermeulen
7. Chigumbura
8. Chatara
9. Panyangara
10. Nyumbu
11. Vitori

12. Waller
13. Ervine
14. Tiripano
15. Mawoyo

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shakib, I understand not everyone is up on CW lexicons, and this is the only time in my life I've felt like an 18th Century missionary bringing word of salvation and enlightenment to the uninitiated.

TPC is Steven Smith: The People's Champ, The Battler's Prince.

A slightly built, ferret faced mediocre player prone to staying leg side of the ball who in about 18 months worked so hard that he transformed himself into a genuine Test player who's an integral member of Australia's set up.

He's the good news story of world cricket. Proof that if you work hard you can overcome adversity to reach the top.

Steve Smith. Was. Is. Always. The People's Champ.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
warner
watson
smith
clarke
maxwell
marsh
haddin
johnson
cummins
harris
lyon

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Shakib, I understand not everyone is up on CW lexicons, and this is the only time in my life I've felt like an 18th Century missionary bringing word of salvation and enlightenment to the uninitiated.

TPC is Steven Smith: The People's Champ, The Battler's Prince.

A slightly built, ferret faced mediocre player prone to staying leg side of the ball who in about 18 months worked so hard that he transformed himself into a genuine Test player who's an integral member of Australia's set up.

He's the good news story of world cricket. Proof that if you work hard you can overcome adversity to reach the top.

Steve Smith. Was. Is. Always. The People's Champ.
Brilliant post.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Harris is back playing futures and is expected to start in Brisbane (the test vs India). Unless he gets injured again I'd be surprised (but not disappointed) if he doesn't get a run at the WC.

4th Match: Queensland Under-23s v New South Wales Under-23s at Brisbane, Nov 3-6, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
How do these games work? I've always wondered why so many of players in U23's are >23.

edit: finally googled it, turns out they can have 6 players >23. The teams really need to rename and drop the U23 part.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner
Watson
White
Clarke
Bailey
Maxwell
Haddin
Johnson
Harris