• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Namibia batting first

I'd rather HK play Oman while they're coming off two losses in a row, but we did beat Namibia in the warmups. Solid motivation to beat both sides as well given we've lost two in a row to Oman, and we got thrashed by Namibia at the WCL 2 to lose our shot at regaining ODI status. Feeling good about our chances against whoever loses here tonight. Just hope whoever loses does is in a demoralising fashion I guess, because they'll be right back on the field tomorrow night.

This pitch seems a bit bouncy and pacy. Will be interesting to see how these bowling attacks fair. HK packing a decent young pace attack in Aizaz, Christie, Nasrullah and Haroon. Ghazanfar might like this wicket too.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
That's a great catch

I'm growing to be a fan of Amir Kaleem as a cricketer during this tournament. Nagging left arm spin, commitment in the field, pleasant disposition.

Oman haven't been great in this powerplay but have somehow nabbed 3 wickets. Bilal Khan bowled two jaffas and now this great catch. In the meanwhile, Namibia showing their dangerous big hitting skills - have already picked up two sixes in a tournament where most teams don't manage that for the whole innings. They've hit more sixes than any other team so far!

Oman ahead right now IMO.

cnerd123

likes this
I didn't watch the UAE game - I hope there were more people in attendance than there are now. Entrance is free to my understanding.

Another excellent catch by Oman at the boundary. Namibia in trouble now.

cnerd123

likes this
Excellent from Namibia

Hope they smash Oman here. Oman have looked increasingly beatable in their last couple of games, and will be immense pressure heading into tomorrow's game vs HK after being on the verge of direct entry into the World Cup just a few days ago. Plus we've played them twice recently, we know them well, and we're high on confidence. I fancy this match up.

cnerd123

likes this
50 runs in the last three overs.

Still three more overs to go.

Immense stuff. JJ Smit playing a blinder. Williams batting well too.

cnerd123

likes this
Great knock. Superb to watch. Namibia really do deserve to go through - they could upset one of the full members with this quality of hitting.

cnerd123

likes this
Namibia innings in phases:

Overs 1-5 - 33/2
Overs 6-10 - 22/2
Overs 11-15 - 39/1
Overs 16-20 - 67/2 - and this is despite Bilal Khan's 19th over that went for just 3 runs and 2 wickets.

162 would be the highest successful chase of this tournament so far. I think Namibia have got this.

cnerd123

likes this
Namibia have been so poor in this Powerplay so far

If their bowling and fielding doesn't get better, Oman are going to crush this.