• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Kenya win, which they should from here, Scotland have to beat NL to qualify. Should be fun.

cnerd123

likes this
Kenya causing chaos with PNG, but a good recovery ATM from 19/6

HK in for a very low runchase Vs Nigeria. Hope Nizakat smacks them everywhere and we finish this in like 7 overs or something.
Chased down in 7.1 :cool:

Need UAE to beat Canada, or Canada to absolutely hammer UAE. Exciting. I have good feeling about this. C'mon UAE.

cnerd123

likes this
Will Kenya make it?
Kenya need to win this game first -which suddenly doesn't look so likely at 60/6- and then hope Netherlands annihilate Scotland.

PNG winning this would be one of the most incredible come-from-behind T20I victories ever wouldn't it? There were 19/6 in 4 overs!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As someone who generally supports cricket underdogs I've had some mixed feelings following this tournament. Part of me wants underdogs to get up in this tournament, but part of me wants them to lose so the better teams make it through and have more chance of causing upsets at the main event.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Incredible from PNG

They've got such a good T20 outfit.
They have more experience in Australia than all the other emerging nations too given they played a couple of seasons as an invitational side in South Australian club cricket and have even played a few home internationals here. I'm keen to see how they go; I would've even gone to one of their games if they weren't all going to be in Geelong or Hobart.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As someone who generally supports cricket underdogs I've had some mixed feelings following this tournament. Part of me wants underdogs to get up in this tournament, but part of me wants them to lose so the better teams make it through and have more chance of causing upsets at the main event.
Yeah as much as I would’ve loved to see SG on the big stage, they’d get properly thrashed in every single game against non emerging nations. It just wouldn’t be fun at all for non-Singaporeans.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah as much as I would’ve loved to see SG on the big stage, they’d get properly thrashed in every single game against non emerging nations. It just wouldn’t be fun at all for non-Singaporeans.
The worst thing about it would be the blow ins complaining about associate teams ruining the WC by being **** and arguing for less of them at the next one, ignoring that even though Scotland had a bad day against Singapore they're much more likely to put up a fight against Sri Lanka etc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They have more experience in Australia than all the other emerging nations too given they played a couple of seasons as an invitational side in South Australian club cricket and have even played a few home internationals here. I'm keen to see how they go; I would've even gone to one of their games if they weren't all going to be in Geelong or Hobart.
I've possibly jinxed them into not automatically qualifying with this post. Netherlands a chance at chasing this down in the 12.3 they need to, remarkable as that would be.

cnerd123

likes this
Netherlands just 29 short of automatically qualifying

Oman, in the meanwhile, gave me a scare at 6/3 chasing 141. Thought they were going to **** this up for us. Thankfully they've now scored enough so that even if they lose, Jersey won't overtake us on NRR.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
All in all a decent effort from Namibia so far, started the tournament poorly but have really started to hit their straps as they go on. A bit disappointing that Kotze hasn't really fired yet, but on the other hand captain Erasmus has been impressive, generally more a worker of the ball but he has shown some good power. Bowling has been solid without being outstanding, Frylinck, Viljoen and Smit are all handy at this level, not much pace but all fairly skillful bowlers, and Scholtz is always pretty reliable with his left arm orthos

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Massive choke job from Kenya there. Toxic work environments do that you know. :@ Now to deal with the moaning, unconstructive blame games and *****ing on facebook pages