• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Golden Horde

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Actually that wasnt even a List A. Just a 13-a-side ****about 8-) Still better than nothing I'm sure

Scotland's win against Sri Lanka last year would have been an ODI too but once again they didnt have the funds. I've always wondered about where all the money goes and found this in an article by Paul Radley in the National
Staging List A, 50-over matches at ICC Academy in Dubai involving the UAE team costs around Dh25,000. For an ODI, the cost of ICC match officials, anti-corruption measures, and other expenses takes the figure to at least the same in dollars – or the equivalent of around Dh91,000.
Thats an awful lot of money, if you consider that all the associate nations together get between $160-200m for the 8-year cycle - https://cutsinfo.com/associate-funding-faq/

SeamUp

International Coach
The Dubai T20x tournament excites me - a ton of good Associate cricketers are taking place in that.

I'm all for a booming T20 industry if it means more sustainable careers for cricketers from the non-Test playing nations.
Looks like it is going to be big. Do you know how the Canada T20 tournament went ? Success for the local spectators ?

Definitely all for it. I am not your big t20 fan but as long it remains seperate to other formats and it doesn't overlap and it provides opportunities for those beneath the top bracket of international cricket. That is why I like domestic T20 really.

cnerd123

likes this
It seemed to be a hit with the local audience but I'm not sure how well they did on TV. And ultimately that's where the money is. Let's hope they turned a decent profit and will run again next year.

I know the Asia Cup Hong Kong games are getting ODI status, but I don't think that means the ICC is changing it's stance on ODI status alltogether

Golden Horde

UAE t20 starting up.

Squads have to include 3 local players and 3 players from other associate countries.

AB, Miller, Morgan, Russell the first icon players.
Looks like AB's role will be limited to being a face for the tournament - https://twitter.com/ABdeVilliers17/status/1029290691522953216

Still those are some massive names and I'm excited about this. I wont be surprised if it ends up being the second biggest T20 tournament sometime in the future.given that they can broadcast during subcontinent prime hours, something the CPL and BBL cant

The associate guys who picked for the APL are MacLeod, Ali Khan, UAEs Naveed and the usual suspects Lamichhane and ten Doeschate. None of them are there just to make up the numbers IMO. Excited to see what Ali Khan and Macleod can do

SeamUp

International Coach
Looks like AB's role will be limited to being a face for the tournament - https://twitter.com/ABdeVilliers17/status/1029290691522953216

Still those are some massive names and I'm excited about this. I wont be surprised if it ends up being the second biggest T20 tournament sometime in the future.given that they can broadcast during subcontinent prime hours, something the CPL and BBL cant

The associate guys who picked for the APL are MacLeod, Ali Khan, UAEs Naveed and the usual suspects Lamichhane and ten Doeschate. None of them are there just to make up the numbers IMO. Excited to see what Ali Khan and Macleod can do
Non-playing ambassador. Really ? Easy money. I also see PSL have him signed up.

Yes , it's really encouraging. Was watching Uganda in Africa T20 and they play with such freedom. T20 is the way forward for associate nations to become truly competitive and the more the best players play in these T20 tournaments the better.

TimCutler

Actually that wasnt even a List A. Just a 13-a-side ****about 8-) Still better than nothing I'm sure

Scotland's win against Sri Lanka last year would have been an ODI too but once again they didnt have the funds. I've always wondered about where all the money goes and found this in an article by Paul Radley in the National

Thats an awful lot of money, if you consider that all the associate nations together get between $160-200m for the 8-year cycle - https://cutsinfo.com/associate-funding-faq/
Thanks for the shout out!

Yes the ‘non’ ODI caused a few fuddled feathers. It was also the cost / fees due to the FM players that added up...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Kudos to all of the intl players who are unafraid to make the trip to Afghanistan & compete in their T20 tournament. The further the great game spreads around the world the happier I'll be.

TimCutler

Kudos to all of the intl players who are unafraid to make the trip to Afghanistan & compete in their T20 tournament. The further the great game spreads around the world the happier I'll be.
If you’re talking about the APLT20, this is all in the UAE.

They also have the Shpageeza T20 in Kabul that had attracted overseas players before - but not as many.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
If you’re talking about the APLT20, this is all in the UAE.

They also have the Shpageeza T20 in Kabul that had attracted overseas players before - but not as many.
Dang. Oh well, there's always hope Afghanistan will be able to host their own internationals/T20 tournaments in the future I guess.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't really know what the point of having separate UAE and Afghanistan tournaments is if they're both going to happen in the same place. I understand they're being organised by different boards, but you'd think getting together and forming a combined tournament would be in both of their interests.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dang. Oh well, there's always hope Afghanistan will be able to host their own internationals/T20 tournaments in the future I guess.
If memory serves me correct quite a few of the international players returned home mid-tournament last year ?

Golden Horde

The next round of Wt20 regional qualifers starts tomorrow and involves the US, Canada, Panama and Belize. If youre a stickler for proper geography, look away, because its called the "Northern Sub-regional Group", while the "Southern Sub-regional Group" included Bermuda and Cayman Islands, which are to the north of Panama and Belize. :laugh: They could just have called them Group A and B.

US Squad

Ibrahim Khaleel (C)
Usman Ashraf
Elmore Hutchinson
Nosthush Kenjige
Muhammad Ali Khan
Jan Nisar-Khan
Jaskaran Malhotra
Saurabh Netravalkar
Monank Patel
Timil Patel
Roy Silva
Sunny Sohal
Steven Taylor
David Wakefield
Sai Srinivas Salver (traveling reserve)
Canada Squad

Nitish Kumar (Captain), Abraash Khan, Cecil Pervez, Dilon Heyliger, Hamza Tariq, Junaid Siddiqui, Navneet Dhaliwal, Nikhil Dutta, Ravinderpal Singh, Rizwan Cheema, Rodrigo Thomas, Romesh Don, Saad bin Zafar & Srimantha Wijeyeratne

US will actually have a proper cricketing season from September to November, with this thing, then the WICB Regional 50 overs tournament and then WCL Division 3, plus quite a few were at the CPL - how much would Scotland or Netherlands like to have something like that?!.

Ali Khan should be unstoppable here with the form that he is in. In fact, if he does well in the APL I wont be surprised if he can bag an IPL contract.

Anyone know if Dean Headley is eligible to represent Panama? :cool:

SeamUp

International Coach
Davy Jacobs supposedly qualifies for Canada very soon and is hopeful of being picked for the national team.