• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Awesome performance from Scotland. They've been in some incredible form lately, such a shame they missed out on that WC spot. They're such a quality team.

Camo999

State 12th Man
That was the greatest match in the history of cricket and I am very happy that I was there to see it.

cnerd123

likes this
That was the greatest match in the history of cricket and I am very happy that I was there to see it.
You lucky son of a gun

McLeod dominated too. Such a beast. He even scored a 50 when they toured HK for the WCL matches. That game didn't go as well for Scotland tho :ph34r:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching highlights on TV right now. I don't normally get a huge amount of pleasure from 700-run ODIs, but it's awesome to see how much this meant for Scotland and the big crowd. Great moment for them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been a great couple of weeks for the underdogs hasn't it. Thailand beat SL, Afgh beat Bangladesh 3-0, Bangladesh beat India twice and then Scotland beat England. NZ ****ed it up by scoring 490/4 against Ireland though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
4th Match, Netherlands Tri-Nation T20I Series at Deventer, Jun 17 2018 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Only just seen the scorecard for this.

If Netherlands win 1 of their remaining 2 games (both against Scotland) they'll finish on top and depending on NRR Ireland might finish at the bottom.
Going into this tournament, Netherlands were ranked 11th, Scotland 13th and Ireland 17th (below even Oman..) in T20Is, so it's stayed pretty true to form really. Ireland have been hopelessly bad in this format.

Borges

International Regular
Apparently everyone forgot there should be a super over in T20Is.
The ICC has "sincerely" apologised for this fiasco; it would be a hollow apology if the umpires and the match referee are not stood down or penalised in some way.
(demerit points? fine?).

cnerd123

likes this
Scotland captain Kyle Coetzer said that, like Siddell, he was also under the impression that the Super Over had been discarded for the tri-series.

"It was just said at the start of the competition that there will be no Super Over," Coetzer wrote in a text to ESPNcricinfo after the tie. "I think [ICC match referee David] Jukes said it. Not sure where or why the decision was made."
Scotland, Ireland knew there would be no Super Over after tie - ESPNcricinfo

Borges

International Regular
Apparently, the match officials blundered:
"The match officials misinterpreted the T20I playing conditions which prevented the Super Over taking place following a tied match," an ICC spokesperson had said on Tuesday. "This was a genuine oversight for which the ICC offers its sincere apologies to both Scotland and Ireland. We have picked up the matter with the officials and will mitigate against this happening in the future."
Netherlands T20I tri-series : ICC apologises to Ireland, Scotland for Super-Over error | Cricket News | Global | ESPNcricinfo

Camo999

State 12th Man
More importantly Scotland won this tournament. I suppose this means we are European Champions? :) Pity there's no fixtures organised for the next year.

Borges

International Regular
I suppose this means we are European Champions?
Yes. Particularly since you also defeated the second best team of Europe in the winner-take-all ODI game.

There is more good news: the second best team of Europe are wiping the floor with the undisputed champions of the southern hemisphere.

Borges

International Regular
Oh, South Africa! My bad, as they say in the American patois.

Correction: the second best team of the southern hemisphere.

On looking up the ICC ODI rankings, I see that one more correction is required: the third ranked team in the southern hemisphere.