• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Yea no idea, I asked around too. I think the simple reason was that neither board wanted to be limited to 'List A' conditions, so no one applied. Wanted the option to play 12 a side, etc.

Challenge League B gets underway today, HK vs Italy. But the way our Women are faring against Bhutan atm i'm not confident at all...

cnerd123

likes this
Jersey beating Uganda was a handy result for us. Need to get over on Italy today, get that first international win of Nizakat's captaincy / 2022 under the belt.

cnerd123

likes this
Not only is the audio on the ICC.tv so bad as to render the stream unwatchable, but HK are 2 down early batting first. Sigh.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
This Challenge League almost snuck right past me completely. I hope today's mauling of Bermuda is a turning point for Kenya

cnerd123

likes this
Awesome performance vs Uganda today. Huge result.

The games coming up vs Jersey and Kenya are now extremely important.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So two key associate captains have retired this month. Porterfield -Ireland and Seelaar- Netherlands. Both good players and done their best for their respective countries ???

Aritro

International Regular
How so? They're a pretty professional team. Not sure what's happened to Uganda tho - lots of new faces, or the same old faces underperforming?
I just imagine Uganda might be one of the more important pieces of cricket's expansion if it ever happens, and could conceivably have at least a PNG style evolution with the team improving markedly and cricket becoming more mainstream in their country. Their losing to a nation of 100k doesn't bode well.

But I didn't realise Jersey had a pretty professional set up.

cnerd123

likes this
Great game for Babar to go big. Nizakat retiring hurt was worrying but glad he got back on the park. We've already had a spate of injuries, at least 3 players have been flown out to Uganda in the last 3 days! One of them, Shahid Wasif, with a crucial came today.

This summer is really going to test HK's bench strength. Doing well so far, hopefully our bowling can deliver and defend this vs Bermuda. Tomorrow's game vs Jersey is going to be huge. Lots of sore bodies, so hopefully they get a big win and confidence boost tonight.

cnerd123

likes this

Watched the game, Jersey was ****ing ****s throughout and Ehsan Khan was down and on his back for a good 10 minutes after his dismissal. Had to be stretchered off with his neck in a brace. The ICC.tv broadcast was useless and didn't catch what happened, but the commentator suggested a Jersey player ran in and deliberately collided with him upon dismissal.

They should be ****ing disqualified.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya versus Hong Kong today. Since around 2017 I have had the impression that when new players break into the Kenya national team, they do so on the back of physically overwhelming their club cricket opposition with either bat or bowl.

Aside from Irfan Karim and Nelson Odhiambo none of these newbies give me the impression of having much of a 'cricket brain.' I am sure if somebody did the analysis they would find today's Kenya hardly ever win close matches. It's a hunch so I could be wrong.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Watched the game, Jersey was ****ing ****s throughout and Ehsan Khan was down and on his back for a good 10 minutes after his dismissal. Had to be stretchered off with his neck in a brace. The ICC.tv broadcast was useless and didn't catch what happened, but the commentator suggested a Jersey player ran in and deliberately collided with him upon dismissal.

They should be ****ing disqualified.
Who was the Jersey player, and have you heard any more about the outcome of the investigation?

cnerd123

likes this
Who was the Jersey player, and have you heard any more about the outcome of the investigation?
the rumour I hear is one of them punched Ehsan in the solar plexus during the celebrations, but nothing else. Suspect it will take a while; ICC.tv broadcast quality being shoddy doesn't help.

Thankfully Ehsan is feeling better now and in the lineup today vs Kenya. Sorry @andruid , but I hope our boys absolutely obliterate yours.